The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 NO SPOILERS ALLOWED Thread

LooseCannon

Enterprise-class aircraft carrier
Staff member
As above.

If you post spoilers here, you will be banned until the end of the Book of Souls Tour, which, we'll say, Sept 30, 2016 just to be safe.

I would have liked the threads to stay as one, with spoiler tags -- but I get it, that leaves the thread susceptible to idiots and assholes (roughly 90% of the overall population generally) who disclose spoilers anyway. But I think this thread will just get ignored after a while.

Without mentioning any of the songs on the list, how credible do folks think the Chinese setlist leak is? I've been avoiding the other thread (and avoiding looking at the list) because I got the sense people think it's a genuine document.

I would have liked the threads to stay as one, with spoiler tags -- but I get it, that leaves the thread susceptible to idiots and assholes (roughly 90% of the overall population generally) who disclose spoilers anyway. But I think this thread will just get ignored after a while.

Without mentioning any of the songs on the list, how credible do folks think the Chinese setlist leak is? I've been avoiding the other thread (and avoiding looking at the list) because I got the sense people think it's a genuine document.

Looking at the songs on the list, I would say it is highly credible.

It's not like it says they are doing a cover of 'Hit me baby one more time' .... really no surprises for me at least.

I doubt Maiden will allow censorship rules in one country dictate their setlist for an entire tour. Now, we certainly don't if what Maiden submitted to China was rejected once, twice, or even three times before being approved. They could have made the setlist, submitted it, then have been approved instantly. Who knows.

I really cannot think (off the top of my head) a song that they would realistically play that China would have a problem with ... or really any of their songs. They are not a very political band lyrically.

This is different because for the last tour we had 1 thread that allowed spoilers without spoiler tags and 1 thread where we had to use spoiler tags. I really liked that. Or are spoilers allowed here as long as they're in tags?

I really cannot think (off the top of my head) a song that they would realistically play that China would have a problem with ... or really any of their songs. They are not a very political band lyrically.

A lot of songs have got social themes. It's not Megadeth with a political agenda but Maiden songs do cover political ground. 2MTM isn't politics as much as anti-Vietnam war protesters weren't politics.
Chinese don't like artists singing about anything social/hierarchy/politics related. For them Be Quick Or Be Dead wouldn't be anti-capitalist or anti-crony-capitalist or whatever, it'd be a song which pushes independent thought and it would be banned.

I think the Chinese setlist is probably genuine. I just don't think that's what they'll end up playing though.
Chinese don't like artists singing about anything social/hierarchy/politics related.
If this is true, then they would still be unhappy with some of the tracks on that setlist.

I just can't get past the fact that: Maiden will rehearse & some of that setlist just won't work. Or at least, that's perfectly possible. What are they going to do then?

I just can't get past the fact that: Maiden will rehearse & some of that setlist just won't work. Or at least, that's perfectly possible. What are they going to do then?
I saw on the fan club forum a chinese guy says it takes at least three weeks to get songs approved, so they can still change the setlist and hope that different songs will be approved. Worst case scenario I guess is that the chinese get a shorter setlist..

I saw on the fan club forum a chinese guy says it takes at least three weeks to get songs approved, so they can still change the setlist and hope that different songs will be approved. Worst case scenario I guess is that the chinese get a shorter setlist..
Wow, is it true? I'm looking forward to their concerts!

I think the Chinese setlist is probably genuine. I just don't think that's what they'll end up playing though.

If this is true, then they would still be unhappy with some of the tracks on that setlist.

I think they won't play all the songs on the list, some are backups for songs that might not work and the real set will be shorter than that. I guess they must have submitted a list with all songs they considered and taken into consideration that some possibly won't work during rehearsal?

I found it credible.

Iron Maiden will play the Spaladium Arena in Split, Croatia on July 27. Tickets onsale Thurs 18, fc presale Wed 17.

There go my hopes of them playing Serbia this year :(

Back