The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 NO SPOILERS ALLOWED Thread

I can't go myself, but this sounds interesting:

On Monday 6 June, Iron Maiden arrives with the Ed Force One on Schiphol Airport. First it would go to Eindhoven (much closer to Arnhem, the location of the concert), but that airport is closed due to maintenance.

Monday 06-06-2016: the 747-400 will arrive from Vienna at 15.45 at Schiphol.
Thursday 09-06-2016: the TF-AAK will leave at 14.00 to Paris.
De flight numbers are for both flights: CC6666
The plane will be parked at Romeo 72. Address: Toekanweg 2, 1118 Schiphol

So Maiden will arrive in the Netherlands, two days before the gig. Wonder what they'll do. :)
Some football, or fun in Amsterdam or whatever. ;)

They've generally been going to the next tour destination as early as possible, and having some time out. They're due at East Midlands Airport on June 11, the day before their Download performance, and my guess is that they will fly straight to Oslo on June 13. @Dr. Eddies Wingman might be able to advise us which airport that'll be, but my guess is Gardemoen, being the biggest.

I'd be very surprised if it isn't Gardermoen. I'm going to be on alert and watch FlightRadar that Monday morning, and if I get confirmation that it is heading for Gardermoen I'll probably drive there and see if I can get a couple of pics. If the weather is decent, that is.

I know the Maiden guys (at least some of them) have played football on some earlier occasions in Oslo. Since this is a summer tour I wouldn't be surprised if it happens this time around.

Foro what is your favorite spot for the concert? Trying to get as close to the band as possible or a bit further away to have some more breathing space? Alse center, Janick or Murray side?

Have you taken a week off after the concert? So you can read up the most spoiler thread :)

Cool, found my name as well.

Was harder to find the second time than the first. Lot's of people named John to scroll through :)

Last edited:
The surname's aren't alphabetical, which makes it more difficult. Lot of people with the same first name as me, although Foro was easy to find.

Foro what is your favorite spot for the concert? Trying to get as close to the band as possible or a bit further away to have some more breathing space? Alse center, Janick or Murray side?
We're taking our son with us for the first time, and we have seats in the Gelredome.

If I could decide where to stand in the crowd, I prefer Murray side, where most other guys also pop up every once in a while. I'm afraid of getting a little too old (and tired) for wanting to be squeezed together at front, but if there were some breathing space, I'd prefer to be as close to the band as possible.
Have you taken a week off after the concert? So you can read up the most spoiler thread :)
Hehe, well, I'm working on the day after the gig but the next week I've indeed taken off... Oslo!

Enjoy the gig Warhurst!

Maiden playing in Vienna today, psyched! Gonna try and be on Murray's side this time round, I usually end up on Janicks side for whatever reason. Review to follow in the spoiler thread once I get my hands on a computer :p.

I FOUND MY NAME!

Reference (these are not my photos):

03c11b85cca1872831f8415acf031c7d0.93775700_1464622263_edforceone_klappe_rechts.jpg

2f4b2c75bdff550470a27e594285734a0.09466200_1464622270_edforceone_klappe_links.jpg
Yeah your name was quite easy. I found my Dad's but mine isn't on there for some weird reason..

Yeah your name was quite easy. I found my Dad's but mine isn't on there for some weird reason..
Are you sure? The surnames aren't in alphabetical order, so you'll need to look through all the Collins. When did you join the FC?

Haha wish I thought of that earlier. I joined just to get fttb, which I got!

Back