SAXON SURVIVOR 2012 RESULTS: Lionheart triumphant

Satisfied with the results

• Total voters
What happens when this round ends with 2 or more songs having the most and same amount of votes?
Tiebreak?

What happens when this round ends with 2 or more songs having the most and same amount of votes?
Tiebreak?
First choice would be to use previous votes against. If that gets complicated, or if there are several songs, probably go to another runoff vote.

What do you exactly mean here?
Can't say I've thought it through completely.
If your vote sends us into a two-way tie, one will somehow end up 11 and the other at ten. if its a three-way tie, we will somehow tiebreak to eliminate one and allow the other two to move on. But if four or five songs all finish with three votes and had roughly the same votes in previous rounds, I may throw them all together into a poll like we did last round.
Like I said in the initial rules, my goal is to keep the game fair and moving quickly.

This does not sound very clear. Forgive me for asking all these questions but this is a very important phase of the survivor for me:

1. two-way tie -> Somehow end up-> does this mean: no tiebreak, previous votes will be counted?
2. three-way tie -> Somehow tiebreak to eliminate -> does this mean: tiebreak?
3. If you'd count previous votes -> how far will you go back?

I understand you haven't decided yet, but there's still time. If you do not wish to answer, then I understand that as well, no problem. Then I'll make a guess and hope it will turn out well.

This does not sound very clear. Forgive me for asking all these questions but this is a very important phase of the survivor for me:

1. two-way tie -> Somehow end up-> does this mean: no tiebreak, previous votes will be counted.
2. three-way tie -> Somehow tiebreak to eliminate -> does this mean: tiebreak
3. If you'd count previous votes. How far will you go back?

I understand you haven't decided yet, but there's still time. If you do not wish to answer, then I understand that as well, no problem. Then I'll make a guess and hope it will turn out well.

No problem you're helping me figure this out. (More interesting than work ATM, anyway, though I will pay later)
Previous votes would come before a tiebreak vote in a two- or three-way tie.
Previous votes would be considered from playoff rounds only.
We'd go straight to a runoff vote in a tie between four or more songs.

Thanks!

Previous votes would be considered from playoff rounds only.

I am still a bugger I know, but if you mean...

from playoffs round = from quarter finals

...don't forget the songs have different starting points.

e.g.
Circle of Light & The Thin Red Line entered in the quarter finals.
http://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/saxon-quarterfinals-round-one.24147/

and:

747 (Strangers in the Night) entered in the finals.
http://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/saxon-survivor-finals-round-1.24393/

Just checking how you want to do this.

All playoff rounds.
(Or could we just let you pick which song gets eliminated)
;-)

Well, like this, Thin Line, Circle of Light and Power & the Glory never made the finals, because they still have their QF-stamp on them, which is an extra disadvantage in case of ties.

Not very fair, but you're the boss of course.

Well, like this, Thin Line, Circle of Light and Power & the Glory never made the finals, because they still have their QF-stamp on them, which is an extra disadvantage in case of ties.

Not very fair, but you're the boss of course.
Its fair. You've got a chance to eliminate Thin Line or save it by forcing a tiebreaker.
Sounds like you don't have your pick of all four songs, but that's the way the game goes.

Well then.... I just made a count and if not mistaken both 747 and Thin Line had the same amount of votes in the playoffs (counting all votes in all rounds in all finals, so basically all post-Call to Arms rounds, excluding this current round), namely 4.

747 (Stranger in the Night)
Power and the Glory
Metalhead

If no one has any objections, let's just break the tie in this thread before it closes with a write-in vote.

Which song is your LEAST favourite: 747 (Strangers in the Night) or Thin Red Line?

Back