ZP Theart (Ex DragonForce Vocalist)

Seventh Son

Invader
Okay, I know I'm probably going to get blasted for saying this, but I beleive that ZP Theart is one of the best vocalists to sing in metal, only second to the almighty Dickinson.

Recently I have got into DragonForce, and I must say, I don't know why there is so much controversy surrounding them, I love them, yes, they are highly repetative, but they make great music. Anyway, let's get back to ZP.

As a metal fan, my biggest attraction to a band, is the vocalist, and to me, ZP's voice is magical, it has that feel, I don't know how to explain it, but I only know of three singers that have it; Dickinson, Dio and ZP. He's able to reach amazing notes, you've probably heard some DragonForce's material, and heard him go on about dragons, warriors and kingdoms, but none the less, I love his voice. Yet it is not on studio albums where I find his voice most pleasant, (actually, it sounds too altered for me anyway) no, it's on DragonForce's most recent album "Twilight Dementia". If you've listened to this album, you've got to know what I'm on about, his voice is amazing, sure it does struggle sometimes, but keep in mind that it is during the final shows of the tour, but seriously, some of the screams he let's loose are epic, and the way he is able to put emotion into his words is only dominated by that of Bruce. Also, I think he makes for a great front man, not as good as some, but he sure has a spot on my list.

Sadly, I've never seen him live, so I can't really judge on a personal level, but I'm going to at Soundwave...... oh no wait, what's this, he's gone....... I'm shattered that he's left dragonForce, honestly, it's not fair!

Haha, anyway, hopefully he's going to stay in the music industry and produce some of those amazing screams once again :)

There is no way he is better than Rob Halford, or Dio. To name just two.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that DragonForce arn't repetitive, uninspiring or original, all I'm saying is that ZP, in my eyes is an amazing vocalist that is terribly underrated, I'm just trying to find someone who has the same view as me.

Have any of you even heard him on "Twilight Dementia"?

I personally love DF's music and think he's a great singer. He's just not super great like Bruce, Rob, Dio, or Geoff Tate back when he was good.

DragonForce are alright and ZP is a competent metal singer, but nothing to write home about to be honest.

My problem with Dragonforce isn't the cheesiness or even the fake speed. Their music is boring.

I agree that his range is better than most other singers and the ease he reaches some heights with I find admirable.

edit: mistake; my analysis is about the current DF vocalist. Don't know the old one well enough.

That was sloppy, also that singer sucks live.

Mosh said:
It is fake, they can't do it live.

So? If they did it once for the record, it's not fake on that record.

Sure, the ability to do it live is highly valued. Doesn't make the original "fake" if they can't. There's nothing wrong with studio-only creations.

Back