Your Top 5 favorite movies

1) first Star Wars trilogy with Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford
2) Jurassic Park 1 and 2
3) Stargate with Kurt Russell
4) Encounters Of The 3rd Kind
5) Independance Day with Jeff Goldblum and Will Smith
I could also add Back To The Future trilogy, Beetlejuice, Lord Of The Ring and Hobbit trilogies and E.T..

1) Batman 1989: This movie is my favorite superhero and batman movie; I felt it best captured the comic book spirit of Batman. Danny Elfman writes one of the best film scores of all time that is quirky and cinematic at the same time. Jack Nicholson is the perfect actor for joker; his performance is over the top, but that is the point. Michael Keaton is a great Bruce Wayne and did a serviceable job as Batman (though you can definitely tell the suit restricted his movements a lot). I felt the plot was pretty engaging and the scenes and set designs fully carried out the screenplay's ambitions of the time. On an objective level, there are still a few problems, but I love the movie so much, that it still doesn't prevent it from being a personal favorite.
2) Back to the Future: What a fun and timeless movie! It has the feel and quality of the true classic American film; Great comedy, acting, action, time travel plot set seamlessly in the 50s, etc. There is also great casting. Michael J. Fox was the perfect actor for the role: he was a good actor ( had strong comedic sensibilities, yet could do dramatic stuff well) and had the look and youth of the character. Christopher Lloyd is legendary, funny, and a loveable goofball scientist. Thomas F. Wilson portrays a bully like character and a prick very well, and is funny. Crispin Glover too... I could go on and on.
3) American Psycho: Patrick Bateman is the perfect movie character; he represents all the wrong human traits. Christian Bale delivers his best performance and perfectly encapsulates the American Psycho. The plot and unpredictability of his actions make it an engaging ride. The humor is perfect/hilarious and the dark scenes are deeply unsettling. The themes and social/political commentary are very interesting and a bit progressive for the time (the book it is based off was written in the late 80s), which I feel is misinterpreted (just because something is shown, doesn't mean it's endorsed).
4) The Shining: Kubrick is a legendary director, and he doesn't disappoint in this movie. It's a timeless masterpiece; the cinematography is excellent, the performances by Jack Nicholson, Danny Lloyd, Scatman Crothers, and Philip Stone are perfectly casted and add a lot of depth, especially Jack. Many say, for instance, that the Nicholson joker is basically the same as Jack Torrance, but that is wrong; joker was unhinged in a goofy was as soon as he got out of the acid, while Torrance slowly get's crazier throughout the film in a creepy and unsettling way. I can't believe the critics didn't give him any awards that I know of for his performance. The movie is gripping and the atmosphere is claustrophobic.
5) Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark: This is such a fun movie that represents the 80s perfectly; great action, charismatic leads, humour, great plot, and classic tropes. What made this movie especially great, was the inspiration by the movies that came out decades before, which results in the movie feeling both 80s and 30s at the same time (if that makes sense). The plot is also of high quality, delivering much tension, suspense, and action. Harrison Ford was the perfect actor for the role; he had everything the role demanded. Karen Allen delivers a performance for the best supporting female actress in action movies. John Rhys-Davies and the very young Alfred Molina do a very excellent job and kickstart their careers. Ronald Lacey is incredibly creepy and third-reich like, and Denholm Elliot does well in the first appearance of a fan favorite.

I could go on and on about these movies, but I think I've rambled enough. Nostalgia plays a huge part of this list. There are so many good movies out there, but these came to my mind surprisingly quick.

1) Batman 1989: This movie is my favorite superhero and batman movie; I felt it best captured the comic book spirit of Batman. Danny Elfman writes one of the best film scores of all time that is quirky and cinematic at the same time. Jack Nicholson is the perfect actor for joker; his performance is over the top, but that is the point. Michael Keaton is a great Bruce Wayne and did a serviceable job as Batman (though you can definitely tell the suit restricted his movements a lot). I felt the plot was pretty engaging and the scenes and set designs fully carried out the screenplay's ambitions of the time. On an objective level, there are still a few problems, but I love the movie so much, that it still doesn't prevent it from being a personal favorite.
2) Back to the Future: What a fun and timeless movie! It has the feel and quality of the true classic American film; Great comedy, acting, action, time travel plot set seamlessly in the 50s, etc. There is also great casting. Michael J. Fox was the perfect actor for the role: he was a good actor ( had strong comedic sensibilities, yet could do dramatic stuff well) and had the look and youth of the character. Christopher Lloyd is legendary, funny, and a loveable goofball scientist. Thomas F. Wilson portrays a bully like character and a prick very well, and is funny. Crispin Glover too... I could go on and on.
3) American Psycho: Patrick Bateman is the perfect movie character; he represents all the wrong human traits. Christian Bale delivers his best performance and perfectly encapsulates the American Psycho. The plot and unpredictability of his actions make it an engaging ride. The humor is perfect/hilarious and the dark scenes are deeply unsettling. The themes and social/political commentary are very interesting and a bit progressive for the time (the book it is based off was written in the late 80s), which I feel is misinterpreted (just because something is shown, doesn't mean it's endorsed).
4) The Shining: Kubrick is a legendary director, and he doesn't disappoint in this movie. It's a timeless masterpiece; the cinematography is excellent, the performances by Jack Nicholson, Danny Lloyd, Scatman Crothers, and Philip Stone are perfectly casted and add a lot of depth, especially Jack. Many say, for instance, that the Nicholson joker is basically the same as Jack Torrance, but that is wrong; joker was unhinged in a goofy was as soon as he got out of the acid, while Torrance slowly get's crazier throughout the film in a creepy and unsettling way. I can't believe the critics didn't give him any awards that I know of for his performance. The movie is gripping and the atmosphere is claustrophobic.
5) Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark: This is such a fun movie that represents the 80s perfectly; great action, charismatic leads, humour, great plot, and classic tropes. What made this movie especially great, was the inspiration by the movies that came out decades before, which results in the movie feeling both 80s and 30s at the same time (if that makes sense). The plot is also of high quality, delivering much tension, suspense, and action. Harrison Ford was the perfect actor for the role; he had everything the role demanded. Karen Allen delivers a performance for the best supporting female actress in action movies. John Rhys-Davies and the very young Alfred Molina do a very excellent job and kickstart their careers. Ronald Lacey is incredibly creepy and third-reich like, and Denholm Elliot does well in the first appearance of a fan favorite.

I could go on and on about these movies, but I think I've rambled enough. Nostalgia plays a huge part of this list. There are so many good movies out there, but these came to my mind surprisingly quick.
1, 2 and 5 are amazing movies yes!
I still remember I couldn't watch that first Batman movie in theatre because there was a 16+ rating and I was only 13. Great atmosphere and music: You can´t go wrong with Elfman ..and Prince!
The Back To The Future trilogy is great, I love the first one the most. The chemistry between Marty and Doc Brown! Good humour too!
From the Indiana Jones serie I´d rank Temple Of Doom and Last Crusade abit higher but the first one is very enyoable too!

1, 2 and 5 are amazing movies yes!
I still remember I couldn't watch that first Batman movie in theatre because there was a 16+ rating and I was only 13. Great atmosphere and music: You can´t go wrong with Elfman ..and Prince!
The Back To The Future trilogy is great, I love the first one the most. The chemistry between Marty and Doc Brown! Good humour too!
From the Indiana Jones serie I´d rank Temple Of Doom and Last Crusade abit higher but the first one is very enyoable too!
Two of Prince's songs in the movie, Trust and Partyman, are great additions to Batman 89.
Back to the Future trilogy is great, with each one being unique and fun. The chemistry between Michael Fox and Christopher Lloyd is unmatched.
Temple of Doom used to be my favorite as a kid, but now I consider it the weakest of the original Indiana Jones trilogy. It's still a great movie though. Last Crusade is a very good movie as well. If the 4th and 5th IJ movies didn't exist, I would consider it a perfect trilogy.

Back