Your Top 10 songs of any band you want

The riff is literally the same. I think it’s even the same notes too. Which is odd because ‘King in Crimson’ used a pedal to get that tone so low.

Holy shit, this riff really does sound like "King In Crimson". Even the solo feels like it's a piece of the same cut.

Black Sabbath top 10

10. Neon Knights
9. Children Of The Sea
8. TV Crimes
7. Die Young
6. Mob Rules
5. Letters From Earth
4. Sign Of The Southern Cross
3. Buried Alive
2. Falling Off The Edge Of The World
1. Heaven And Hell

Anthrax:
  1. Time
  2. Among The Living
  3. NFL
  4. Room For One More
  5. Be All End All
  6. Burst
  7. AIR
  8. Lone Justice
  9. Intro To Reality/ Belly Of The Beast
  10. Potters Field (HM: I Am The Law/ Skeleton In The Closet/ One Man's Stand/ In My World/ Invisible/ Packaged Rebbelion/ Fueled/ American Pompei/ Earth On Hell/ The Giant... and many more)

Last edited:
Megadeth:
  1. Holy Wars...
  2. In My Darkest Hour
  3. Tornado Of Souls
  4. Dialectic Chaos/ This Day We Fight
  5. Peace Sells
  6. Head Crusher
  7. Kick The Chair
  8. Train Of Consequences
  9. FFF
  10. Hook In Mouth (HM: My Last Words/ Vortex/ Mechanix/ Take No Prisoners/ Hangar 18/ Skin O'My Teeth/ Ashes In Your Mouth/ Trust/ Vortex/ A Call To Arms)

Last edited:
The riff is literally the same. I think it’s even the same notes too. Which is odd because ‘King in Crimson’ used a pedal to get that tone so low.

Yeah, Nickelback didn't cheat and actually tuned that low. Nickelback - 1, Bruce - 0. ;)

Besides the plagiarism it's not a bad song, but fuck these lyrics.
Honestly Nickelback isn't that bad. The Long Road is a decent album.

They're probably the best lyrics on the Dark Horse album, though given the rest, that's saying very little. Lyrics have always been my biggest gripe with Nickelback, too many songs about sex, hot girls and sex with hot girls. It's like Steel Panther, but played too straight. It's never been enough to make me completely hate the songs though, the guitar riffs, vocal melodies and everything else are usually very strong.

I'd say Silver Side Up is their best, or at least most consistent, album. Long Road is good, but that was when the cracks started to appear and they started to move away from the alternative-metal sound.

Nickelback once offended a down home PEI festival by treating it like some sort of alternative rock concert.

Time for one NWOBHM classic band. :rocker:

TOP 10 OF Def Leppard:

1.Too Late For Love
2.Bringin' On The Heartbreak
3.Let It Go
4.Stagefright
5.Foolin'
6.Love Bites
7.Hysteria
8.Rock Of Ages
9.Rock! Rock! (Till You Drop)
10.Photograph

Time for one NWOBHM classic band. :rocker:

TOP 10 OF Def Leppard:

1.Too Late For Love
2.Bringin' On The Heartbreak
3.Let It Go
4.Stagefright
5.Foolin'
6.Love Bites
7.Hysteria
8.Rock Of Ages
9.Rock! Rock! (Till You Drop)
10.Photograph
Needs more High ‘n’ Dry and less Pyromania, IMO. I’d need to ponder this some more to do my own.

Needs more High ‘n’ Dry and less Pyromania, IMO. I’d need to ponder this some more to do my own.

High 'N' Dry is a very good album indeed. But for me their ultimate album is Pyromania - one of the best heavy metal albums of all time.

After that they lost their sound.

Back