3. Eluveitie
4. Katatonia
5. Atlantean Kodex
6. Amon Amarth
7. Gojira
8. Paradise Lost
9. Yes
10. Pink Floyd

I won't put them in order because it's too difficult, and I'll leave off Iced Earth who used to be my number 2, but I've let go of them after Jon's actions at the Capitol.

Billy Talent
Blind Guardian
Bullet For My Valentine (though only half their output is to my liking. One of the most inconsistent bands ever)
Cradle Of Filth
Die Ärzte
Evergrey
Farin Urlaub (Racing Team)
Trivium
Versengold
Vasilis Papakonstantinou (Technically not a band, but he's always supported by a band so it still counts :D )

There are other bands I used to love but don't listen to much nowadays (Alestorm, Sabaton, Gloryhammer, Rotting Christ, In Flames, Schandmaul) or bands where I like what I've heard so far, but haven't taken the time to properly dive into their repertoire (Epica, Devin Townsend, Polyphia). Also, the first four Taylor Swift albums are fun, didn't like how poppy the follow ups were, but apparently her most recent albums (Folklore and something else) are great, so I'll have to take a listen to those at some point.

I also listen to a ton of video game soundtracks, so it would be much easier for me to list 10 composers, than it is to list bands lol
I have a soft spot for Billy Talent, seen them live in the past

They are severely underrated but are slowly getting the attention and success that they deserve!
In my opinion they have no bad albums, even though there were a couple of weird ones in the middle. Their output in the last few years has been very consistent and filled with some great songs.

Fun fact: My solo band is named after one of their songs! The chorus for the song "Where All Good Sleep" starts with the line "Into denial" sung with multiple voices in an epic way which gives me goosebumps to this day. Just had to name my project Into Denial after that.

I have a soft spot for Billy Talent, seen them live in the past
They are an acquired taste, though the singer has become much more experienced over the years. Their guitarist is insanely creative and has written some mind blowing riffs. This, plus the way his and the main vocalists voices harmonize are the main things I love about this band.

Oh yes. I attempted playing a bit of Billy Talent before, under the impression 'it's punk, it'll be simple', and it really wasn't!

I suppose he makes up a lot of the band's sound where other bands might have two guitarists or a keyboard.

IIRC Ian was in a high school band and either the second guitarist quit, or he was the only guitarist, so instead of finding another person he decided to simply play rhythm and lead at the same time, which resulted in an incredibly unique and creative playstyle. I love it.

I won't put them in order because it's too difficult, and I'll leave off Iced Earth who used to be my number 2, but I've let go of them after Jon's actions at the Capitol.

Billy Talent
Blind Guardian
Bullet For My Valentine (though only half their output is to my liking. One of the most inconsistent bands ever)
Cradle Of Filth
Die Ärzte
Evergrey
Farin Urlaub (Racing Team)
Trivium
Versengold
Vasilis Papakonstantinou (Technically not a band, but he's always supported by a band so it still counts :D )

There are other bands I used to love but don't listen to much nowadays (Alestorm, Sabaton, Gloryhammer, Rotting Christ, In Flames, Schandmaul) or bands where I like what I've heard so far, but haven't taken the time to properly dive into their repertoire (Epica, Devin Townsend, Polyphia). Also, the first four Taylor Swift albums are fun, didn't like how poppy the follow ups were, but apparently her most recent albums (Folklore and something else) are great, so I'll have to take a listen to those at some point.

I also listen to a ton of video game soundtracks, so it would be much easier for me to list 10 composers, than it is to list bands lol
I had Rotting Christ in my top 10. They’ve never released a bad album and are criminally underrated.

In alphabetical order:

1 - Battle Beast
2 - Dream Theater
3 - Electric Light Orchestra
4 - Ghost
5 - Halestorm
6 - Judas Priest
7 - Meat Loaf
8 - Night Flight Orchestra
9 - Queen
10 - Scorpions

Back