Your Top 10 Maiden Songs

Tried to limit myself to one song per album. There are some songs that are incredibly close in ranking, so stuff like The Educated Fool or Ghost Of The Navigator could've made the list as well.

01. Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger
02. Out Of The Silent Planet
03. Dance Of Death
04. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
05. The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
06. Childhood's End
07. Hell On Earth
08. For The Greater Good Of God
09. The Book Of Souls
10. Powerslave

Tried to limit myself to one song per album. There are some songs that are incredibly close in ranking, so stuff like The Educated Fool or Ghost Of The Navigator could've made the list as well.

01. Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger
02. Out Of The Silent Planet
03. Dance Of Death
04. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
05. The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
06. Childhood's End
07. Hell On Earth
08. For The Greater Good Of God
09. The Book Of Souls
10. Powerslave
Every single song on this list is awesome and this is a good list.

1. Moonchild
2. Caught Somehere in Time
3. Lord of the Flies
4. Flash of the Blade
5. Purgatory
6. Die With Your Boots On
7. Red and the Black
8. Hell on Earth
9. Sea of Madness
10. When 2 Worlds Collide

1. Caught somewhere in time
2. Hallowed be thy name
3. 22 Acacia Avenue
4. Prowler
5. Still Life
6. Infinite dreams
7. Dream Of Mirrors
8. Dance Of Death
9. Wasted Years
10. Hell on Earth
It's really difficult. I just listed the first 10 that came to mind. Stratego, Only the good die young, Ghost of the navigator, Phantom of the opera, Stranger in a stranger land... They keep coming.... Too difficult

In no order but top ten

Rime
Sign of the Cross
Clansman
Paschendale
Wicker Man
Futureal
Only the good die young
Infinite dreams
Dance of Death
Phantom

1. The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
2. Hallowed Be Thy Name
3. The Trooper
4. The Longest Day
5. Aces High
6. The Number Of The Beast
7. Deja Vu
8. The Prisoner
9. Flash Of The Blade
10. Speed Of Light

Last edited:
We are at page 4, several members have given their lists and I'm surprised how one of the band's most popular songs, "The Trooper" is included in only mine and Perun's Top 10. Is it overplayed or everyone just wants to have some edge?

We are at page 4, several members have given their lists and I'm surprised how one of the band's most popular songs, "The Trooper" is included in only mine and Perun's Top 10. Is it overplayed or everyone just wants to have some edge?
I think the overplayed status probably plays some role (not a big one) but Maiden also have a lot of other great songs like Trooper, plus the longer epics. I can't really say why it's not on my top 10 list (none of the staples are), it easily could be.

It's because Iron Maiden has 47,000 songs and while Trooper is fantastic, there's at least 100 other songs better than The Trooper.

Basically what chaosapiant said. It's a great song and always fun in a concert setting, but it's not "good enough" for my top 10.

1: Hallowed Be Thy Name
2: Sign Of The Cross
3: The Legacy
4: Empire Of The Clouds
5: Pashendale
6: The Parchment
7: If Eternity Should Fail
8: Alexander The Great
9: To Tame A Land
10: Brave New World

I think what us 'veterans' forget is how we felt the first time we heard these songs 20, 30 or 40 years ago. The Trooper, Beast and Hills were the songs that got me into Maiden. Do i prefer hearing different songs live now? Yes cos ive heard the songs hundreds of times over but when im at a Maiden gig and the first few notes of The Trooper kick in or the intro to the Notb start i still get a rush. Id put Trooper and Notb in my 10

Run to the Hills and Trooper are the most recognizable Maiden hit songs. The type of songs that transcends all genres and categories and reach different audiences. Like Smoke on the Water or Paranoid. We, as fans tend to neglect those songs because of overplayed factor but that does not change the fact that those songs are great and hits in every sense of the meaning. Looking back, I see that Maiden or specifically Steve has lost ability to create such hit songs. After Trooper he created Aces High, Bruce and Adrian - 2Minutes, then there was Wasted Years and to some extent The Evil That Men Do. Steve sparked one more time with Fear of the Dark and that was it. There are no more MONSTER, well known, hit songs.

In this case I speak about short, single type of songs.
Trooper in a sense, is very ABBAesque Maiden song, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Run to the Hills and Trooper are the most recognizable Maiden hit songs. The type of songs that transcends all genres and categories and reach different audiences. Like Smoke on the Water or Paranoid. We, as fans tend to neglect those songs because of overplayed factor but that does not change the fact that those songs are great and hits in every sense of the meaning. Looking back, I see that Maiden or specifically Steve has lost ability to create such hit songs. After Trooper he created Aces High, Bruce and Adrian - 2Minutes, then there Wasted Years and to some extent The Evil That Men Do. Steve sparked one more time with Fear of the Dark and that was it. There are no more MONSTER, well known, hit songs.

In this case I speak about short, single type of songs.
Trooper in a sense, is very ABBAesque Maiden song, if you know what I mean.
I'd argue The Wicker Man probably qualifies here.

Back