Your Questions for an interview?!

No it was made on a computer. (This is a guess, but I'm very positive that this is how it was made)

They wouldn't, since it is just H and Bruce on that track.

You sure it's just H and Bruce there? What about the drums? Is it H doing all the guitars on that song, or the other two are playing as well?

...some more would-be questions for the band.

Yea it was a demo he recorded by himself and Steve wanted to leave it as is and add Bruce's vocals. The drums are obviously programmed. Check out around the 3:11 mark, the drum skips a beat every measure(I think)

Dityn DJ James said:
2. Why since that Adrian Smith is back Janick Gers still plays his solo in Hallowed be thy Name?

I heard or read (cant remember) in an a recent interview that Adrian prefers soloing on slower songs then in faster songs like Hallowed which is why he doesn't mind giving up a solo to Janick ( who likes faster solo's).

SinisterMinisterX said:
No, it's not musical complexity or memory problems. Maiden set lists really aren't that hard to learn.

The reason they don't vary set lists is mainly for the sake of avoiding problems in the show. The roadie doesn't have to wonder "Are they playing The Trooper tonight? When do I need to get the flag?". The lighting guy knows every cue, etc.

The comparison to Dream Theater is often made. Keep in mind that DT uses a projection system for their background, while Maiden still use tapestries. Further, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Maiden rig is lower-tech because that's what these guys grew up with and are comfortable with. Maiden likes having a human on the mix; most of DT's live mix is done by computer (see the Chaos in Motion DVD).

I think it's very doable. They don't have to play 15 different songs each time, but they could at least rotate 2 or 3 songs. For example, one night play CIPWM and NOTB, the next play TETMD and RTTH. That's not a huge thing, the lighting is pre-programmed anyway, the roadies know which guitar their guitarist needs to have for a certain song, the setlist could also be pre-defined for each tour date so there's no mix-up, etc. etc.

Lights are pre-programmed, but there's a human there changing the programs  B)

SMX is right, there are a lot of guys in their road crew, that belong to another era of gig props, lightning, etc.

1 - Steve, you said that you were watching the movie "the man in the iron mask" when you came up with the name "iron maiden". But this movie does Seems no "iron maiden". When you decided to use that name, did you know that an "iron maiden" was a torture device? Or you decided to use the name just because it was a beautiful name and not know it was an instrument of torture?

2 - Steve, what means the song "iron maiden"? It's about the torture device?

Too bad that the interview is no more available :(
The only thing I wanted to know, was :

Will we ever could have a DVD with a next Iron Maiden History part .. 3 ? cause we have history from the first day until the powerslave album, and then......

Yeah.. we have something about DOD and Flight 666 of course, but... something about SIT, SSOASS, NPFTD, FOTD would be very nice :)

Dityn DJ James said:
Am I the only one that thinks that NPFTD was kinda' forgettable?

No, it's actually far rarer to see someone who likes that album as opposed to hating it.  I dig it.

There was some good tracks on it, the album just doesn't come up as being one of my favorites.

Back