Your least favourite Maiden studio album

Status
Not open for further replies.
[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Jul 13 2005, 02:23 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Jul 13 2005, 02:23 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Mate... you're getting your personal dislike for Blaze get in the way of your judgement. You admit that VXI has superior material to NPFTD, but you still think you have to give it a lower mark only because Bruce isn't on it (or because Blaze is on it, check the box that applies to you).
That is a very, very poor attitude.
[snapback]111856[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I was saying that No Prayer is the worst album, but VXI is my least favorite. There is a difference.

[!--QuoteBegin-Blade Runner+Jul 13 2005, 11:42 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Blade Runner @ Jul 13 2005, 11:42 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I was saying that No Prayer is the worst album, but VXI is my least favorite. There is a difference.
[snapback]111862[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Wrong. There isn't any difference.

There's no such thing as a "worst album", there's only an album that you like the least. It's all subjective and the "least favourite" album varies from fan to fan, as you can see from the poll.

But I probably confused you, as you already do not have enough brain power to express yourself correctly, let alone understand what I mean. Sorry about that.

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Jul 13 2005, 02:56 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Jul 13 2005, 02:56 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Wrong. There isn't any difference.

There's no such thing as a "worst album", there's only an album that you like the least. It's all subjective and the "least favourite" album varies from fan to fan, as you can see from the poll.

But I probably confused you, as you already do not have enough brain power to express yourself correctly, let alone understand what I mean. Sorry about that.
[snapback]111864[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Ouch...that's a burn...

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Jul 13 2005, 04:56 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Jul 13 2005, 04:56 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Wrong. There isn't any difference.

[snapback]111864[/snapback]​
[/quote]

No, sir, maybe you are the one that is lacking brain power. By your logic, best/worst would mean the same thing as least/most favorite. Let's see if they are really the same thing.

Favorite:

Noun
1. a. One that enjoys special favor or regard. b. One that is trusted, indulged, or preferred above all others, especially by a superior: a favorite of the monarch. 2. A contestant or competitor regarded as most likely to win.
Adjective
Liked or preferred above all others; regarded with special favor.
Etymology
Obsolete French favorit, from Old Italian favorito, past participle of favorire, to favor, from favore, favor, from Latin favor ; see favor.

Best:

Adjective
Superlative of good. 1. Surpassing all others in excellence, achievement, or quality; most excellent: the best performer; the best grade of ore. 2. Most satisfactory, suitable, or useful; most desirable: the best solution; the best time for planting. 3. Greatest; most: He spoke for the best part of an hour. 4. Most highly skilled: the best doctor in town.
Adverb
Superlative of well2. 1. In a most excellent way; most creditably or advantageously. 2. To the greatest degree or extent; most: "He was certainly the best hated man in the ship" (W. Somerset Maugham).
Noun
1. One that surpasses all others. 2. The best part, moment, or value: The best is still to come. Let's get the best out of life. 3. The optimum condition or quality: look your best. She was at her best in the freestyle competition. 4. One's nicest or most formal clothing. 5. The supreme effort one can make: doing our best. 6. One's warmest wishes or regards: Give them my best.

Worst:

Adjective
Inflected forms: worse, worst 1. Not achieving an adequate standard; poor: a bad concert. 2. Evil; sinful. 3. Vulgar or obscene: bad language. 4. Informal Disobedient or naughty: bad children. 5. Disagreeable, unpleasant, or disturbing: a bad piece of news. 6. Unfavorable: bad reviews for the play. 7. Not fresh; rotten or spoiled: bad meat. 8. Injurious in effect; detrimental: bad habits. 9. Not working properly; defective: a bad telephone connection. 10. Full of or exhibiting faults or errors: bad grammar. 11. Having no validity; void: passed bad checks. 12. Being so far behind in repayment as to be considered a loss: bad loans. 13. Severe; intense: a bad cold. 14. a. Being in poor health or in pain: I feel bad today. b. Being in poor condition; diseased: bad lungs. 15. Sorry; regretful: She feels bad about how she treated you. 16. Inflected forms: bad·der, bad·destSlang Very good; great.
Noun
Something that is below standard or expectations, as of ethics or decency: weighing the good against the bad.
Adverb
Usage Problem Badly.

By those definitions, they are not necessarily the same thing.

And in this case, when you look at things objectively, and compare sound quality, lyrical quality, musical quality, etc. It is possible to determine which is the worst and which is the best, which have nothing to do with favorites. Can you handle that?

Apparently, apart from quoting the dictionary, you haven't really cleared things up. Look up "subjective" and see if you understand what you read.

(Don't look up "arsehole" because it's probably not there. So you may never find out who you are... [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Jul 13 2005, 02:15 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Jul 13 2005, 02:15 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Apparently, apart from quoting the dictionary, you haven't really cleared things up. Look up "subjective" and see if you understand what you read.

(Don't look up "arsehole" because it's probably not there. So you may never find out who you are...  [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )
[snapback]111914[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Read the last part of my post. I said..

"And in this case, when you look at things objectively, and compare sound quality, lyrical quality, musical quality, etc. It is possible to determine which is the worst and which is the best, which have nothing to do with favorites. Can you handle that?"

Facts and opinions are two different things. So are best/worst and least/most favorites. Deal with it.

And what is with the insults? Is it because I don't like Blaze? I have the right not to like him. I expected better from a moderator. I thought you people were supposed to keep things in order instead of bashing me because you can't face the facts.

[!--QuoteBegin-Blade Runner+Jul 13 2005, 09:24 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Blade Runner @ Jul 13 2005, 09:24 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Is it because I don't like Blaze?
[snapback]111915[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Look up "chip on shoulder" [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

You demonstrated once again your poor abilities to sustain an argument...

Arguing with Maverick is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, I'll still think of you as a retard.

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Jul 13 2005, 02:27 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Jul 13 2005, 02:27 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Look up "chip on shoulder"  [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

You demonstrated once again your poor abilities to sustain an argument...
[snapback]111916[/snapback]​
[/quote]

You are demonstrating your shitty logic.

Where in the dictionary does it say that best/worst and most/least favorite are the exact same thing? It doesn't.

Nope. You really didn't understand.

Nevermind.

I've got better things to do than discuss colours with the blind or music with the deaf.

You won the Special Olympics... [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-IronDuke+Jul 13 2005, 02:30 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(IronDuke @ Jul 13 2005, 02:30 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Arguing with Maverick is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, I'll still think of you as a retard.
[snapback]111917[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I didn't come here to argue with anybody. He is the one who started with the insults.

[!--QuoteBegin-Blade Runner+Jul 13 2005, 04:32 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Blade Runner @ Jul 13 2005, 04:32 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]You are demonstrating your shitty logic.

Where in the dictionary does it say that best/worst and most/least favorite are the exact same thing? It doesn't.
[snapback]111918[/snapback]​
[/quote]

What Mav is saying is that since both terms are completely subjective in this context (your own person opinion, not based on empirical evidence), then they are, essentially, the same thing.

If you think A is better than B and C, than A is your favourite. It's that simple.

If we were talking about something we could measure, then it'd be different.

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Jul 13 2005, 02:35 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Jul 13 2005, 02:35 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Nope. You really didn't understand.

Nevermind.

I've got better things to do than discuss colours with the blind or music with the deaf.
You won the Special Olympics...  [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]111919[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Yeah, back out of the argument because you know you are wrong. You do that.

[!--QuoteBegin-IronDuke+Jul 13 2005, 02:36 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(IronDuke @ Jul 13 2005, 02:36 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]What Mav is saying is that since both terms are completely subjective in this context (your own person opinion, not based on empirical evidence), then they are, essentially, the same thing.

If you think A is better than B and C, than A is your favourite. It's that simple.

If we were talking about something we could measure, then it'd be different.
[snapback]111921[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Yes, I know what you are trying to say. But, what I am saying is that if you compare the lyrics of Quest For Fire to a brilliant lyrical performance like Imagine (for example), it could be a proven fact that Quest For Fire has worst lyrics than Imagine/Imagine has better lyrics than Quest For Fire when you consider all the things in the criteria which makes great lyrics (originality, artistic expression, emotion, wit, social consciousness and great storytelling).

Imagine you're on a quest for fire. Good luck!

You're still a
[img src=\'http://www.funnymatt.com/images/Multimedia/total-retard.gif\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

Blade Runner, you make puppies sad
[img src=\'http://image3.greetingcards.com/dgc/i/c/shs_SadPuppy.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

[!--QuoteBegin-IronDuke+Jul 13 2005, 02:44 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(IronDuke @ Jul 13 2005, 02:44 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]That didn't make a lick of sense, son.
[snapback]111925[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I just told you the criteria for what makes a great lyrical performance. It's not hard to understand, unless you are confused as to what is the difference between greatest/best, best/worst, most/least favorite.

This is turning out just how I thought it would... Always the personal attacks as opposed to ones relating to the subject at hand... I know I'm winning when someone decides to attack ME instead of my argument.

I like the way you dig your own grave... [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Jul 13 2005, 03:06 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Jul 13 2005, 03:06 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I like the way you dig your own grave...  [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]111933[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Yeah, thanks for wasting my time. Don't get mad because you can't be right 100% of the time. Nobody can. Live and learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back