your favourite three Dave Murray (co-)written tracks?

Dave Murray (co-) written tracks

• Age Of Innocence

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Brave New World

Votes: 33 39.8%
  • Chains Of Misery

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Charlotte The Harlot

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Deja-Vu

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • Drifter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fates Warning

• Judas Be My Guide

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Lightning Strikes Twice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Frontier

• Public Enema Number One

• Rainmaker

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • Still Life

Votes: 31 37.3%
  • The Man Of Sorrows

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • The Man Who Would Be King

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • The Nomad

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • The Prophecy

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • the Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • The Thin Line Between Love & Hate

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • When Two Worlds Collide

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
Two of the tracks were clear to me. I couldn't decide on the third one.

Still Life and Rainmaker.

Prophecy is one of their most underrated songs and, I think, better than many songs from it’s album.
Not sure why, but I've felt for long time that Prophecy is actually the worst song on the album. It's not bad but it somehow feels a bit fillerish and out of content of the story.

Pretty easy! In no particular order aside from the first one being #1:
- The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
- Judas Be My Guide
- The Thin Line Between Love and Hate
Honorable mentions: Rainmaker, Brave New World

Dave has written some really great stuff and there's a lot of variety in his material. Too bad he doesn't contribute more.

Voted for (in alphabetical order)

Judas Be My Guide
Still Life
The Thin Line

Rainmaker and Ben Breeg unlucky to miss out

Brave New World, Judas Be My Guide, The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg.

Honorable mention to Fates Warning.

Hard to say. The quantity-quality ratio is ridiculously good on Dave's tracks.

Still Life
The Prophecy
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg

...maybe? But then again, I also love Brave New World (the song has really majestic vibe) and The Thin Line Between Love & Hate. Deja-Vu, Judas be My Guide and Rainmaker are all top-notch Maiden rockers and among the most "underrated" or generally overlooked Maiden songs overall.

Again, I'm showing my incompetence at ranking stuff. :p

Judas Be My Guide, Benjamin Breeg and The Thin Line Between Love and Hate for me.

Brave New World, Rainmaker and TMWWBK are a close second.

The Nomad, Still Life, Age of Innocence and Deja-Vu are a close third.

Mine are "Deja Vu," "Still Life," and "Brave New World" closely followed by "The Thin Line Between Love and Hate" and "Judas Be My Guide."

I went with Nomad, Prophecy and Breeg.

Looking at this list, it sure seems like Dave's contributions are mostly Maiden deep cuts and hidden gems. The only "weak" songs here are Chains and Two Worlds and even those have their moments. I wish he wrote something for Senjutsu, maybe as a co-author to one of Steve's tracks.

I wish he wrote something for Senjutsu,
Me too. His songs are always interesting and even if it would have been my least favorite song on the album, it would have been a melodic banger for sure. A Dave song and a 2nd repeat of Hell On Earth's chorus are the only things I miss on the album, so I'm looking forward to the next one (I hope) with a Dave song on it. Probably a shorter 5-minute rocker this time, although he usually writes with Steve. Why not with Bruce again, for the first time since 1992... we haven't had a Gers/Dickinson song since either.

To not go off-topic, I will just edit my post here: From the next Maiden album I want: a brighter cover full of details, 10-11 songs (3 short rockers, 3-4 epics solely written by Steve and 2-3 songs that are 6-7 minutes long). Basically like the last 2 albums. As for the writing credits: I expect a few long epics by Steve again, 2-3 Gers/Harris songs, 2-3 Smith/Dickinson songs, at least 1 Smith/Harris song and 1 Murray/Harris song ofc. I doubt it will be a double album for the 3rd time in a row, but it's possible.

Last edited:
Back