Your favourite and least favourite chorus?

Favorites: 1. These Colours Don't Run (Love the time change and Bruce's vocals are full of emotion)
              2. Wasted Years
              3. Sun and Steel (Love it or hate it, you have to admit it has a catchy chorus)
              4. Children of the Damned
              5. Powerslave

Least Favorites: 1. Tailgunner (too repetitive and bland, I always want to skip it)
                     2. Run to the Hills (boring)
                     3. The Angel and the Gambler
                     4. Quest for Fire (bland)
                     5. Can I Play With Madness (i enjoy it, but it gets old)

Maybe not the *worst* but Heaven Can Way-ay-ay-ate (repeat 3x) has always raised my ire. I do like how Bruce just says "Heaven Can..." then let's the crowd do the dirty work in live version.

Best? I tend to prefer the ones that don't repeat themselves too much (so Dream of Mirrors is out) such as Wasted Years, Powerslave, The Prisoner, Sea of Madness, and Wicker Man

I love resurrecting these old things.

Best (in no particular order):
Different World
Sun and Steel (I agree; it IS ridiculously catchy.)
Only the Good Die Young
Aces High
Paschendale

Honourable mention goes to These Colours Don't Run, Flash of the Blade, The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner and Ghost of the Navigator. I salute you.

Worst (in no particular order, except number one. Which truly is the worst.)
The Angel and the Gambler (the only song I've never liked.)
Heaven Can Wait
The Clansman
Run to the Hills
The Assassin

Wow. Lots of good songs in the latter category. :innocent:

Favourites
Different World
The Wicker Man
The Mercenary
2 Minutes to Midnight

Least favourites
Run to the Hills
Can I Play With Madness
Stranger in a Strange Land
Dream of Mirrors

I think Powerslave has an awesome chorus. I think it's those egyptian-sounding backing vocals which make it sound atmospheric. I must also say that Sun and Steel has possibly the most catchy chorus for a 'bad'/average song ever (for Maiden's standards and certainly for POM standards). Also I was very suprised to see Sea of Madness make the bad choruses list- I can honestly say it's my favourite chorus of SIT.

1 Powerslave
2 Aces High
3 Sea Of Madness
4 The Wicker Man
5 Sun and Steel

On the other hand, choruses I don't care for... Quest for Fire, Different World, Wildest Dreams.

1 Quest For Fire
2 Wildest Dreams
3 Different World
4 The Angel and The Gambler
5 Gangland

Best choruses: Flight Of Icarus, Sun And Steel, Public Enema Number One
Weakest choruses: The Angel And The Gambler, The Educated Fool, Lord Of Light

Favorites: Prowler, Sea of Madness, Powerslave, Deja Vu, Purgatory
Least Favorites: Invaders, The Duellists, Run to the Hills, The Assassin, Can I Play With Madness :eek:

Favorites: The Clansman, Wasted Years, Powerslave, The Educated Fool, Aces High, Como Estais Amigos (surprised that hasn't been mentioned)

Least Favorites: Can I Play with Madness?, Angel and the Gambler, Invaders, Hooks in You, Chains of Misery, The Assasin

Oh shit didn't realize that :/

HCW is pretty cringeworthy, but it's still not as bad as the singalong live versions.

BEST: The chorus on Dave's guitar.

You nailed it!

Best (in no order, but LotF and SoM are the best):

Lord of the Flies
Sea of Madness
Dream of Mirrors
Aces High
Deja Vu
Flight of Icarus
Out of the Silent Planet

Worst:

From Here to Eternity
The Angel and the Gambler
Blood Brothers
The Fugitive

Thought it was a univibe he normally uses?!
Being an H fan I guess I wouldn't know....
Indeed, he uses Univibe (currently he seems to use a Fulltone Deja'Vibe pedal [~2010 >]); but it's a punch-on effect (e.g. for leads). His main tone comes from his Marshall JMP-1 & his TC Electronics rack units; which are set-up I'd guess, for his rhythm work, with chorus. Univibe (the effect generally) just creates a chorus-like effect anyway.
You nailed it!

Best (in no order, but LotF and SoM are the best):

Lord of the Flies
Sea of Madness
Dream of Mirrors
Aces High
Deja Vu
Flight of Icarus
Out of the Silent Planet

Worst:

From Here to Eternity
The Angel and the Gambler
Blood Brothers
The Fugitive
The chorus generally on SiT (from their Gallien Krueger amps) is really sweet. I don't they've ever sounded better. A lovely, lovely tone.

Last edited:
Indeed, he uses Univibe (currently he seems to use a Fulltone Deja'Vibe pedal [~2010 >]); but it's a punch-on effect (e.g. for leads). His main tone comes from his Marshall JMP-1 & his TC Electronics rack units; which are set-up I'd guess, for his rhythm work, with chorus. Univibe (the effect generally) just creates a chorus-like effect anyway.
The chorus generally (from their Gallien Krueger amps) is really sweet. I don't they've ever sounded better. A lovely, lovely tone.
Were the Gallien Krueger amps not only used on SIT?

Best ones:

1. For The Greater Good Of God
2. The Thin Line Between Love And Hate
3. Sea Of Madness
4. The Prisoner
5. Wasted Years

Were the Gallien Krueger amps not only used on SIT?
I was responding to Saap's comments, which mentioned several SiT tracks; although he was answering the question about actual choruses (& not guitar tone). I was really only commenting on that. Any excuse to talk about SiT. However, to answer you question: no, they were still using GK amps for 7th Son.

Back