Your favorite guitar solo of the day

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Do some of you guys have guitar solos in your head, once in a while?
I often have them, especially when there's a certain melody or hook that I like and when it sounds good enough to remember.

Let's try to follow Plesiosaur's example with his favourite song of the day and see if we can pinpoint our current favourite solo. It doesn't have to be "of this very day", it can also be a solo you heard last week or month and it caught your attention. Perhaps the solo part made you even play the track more than once in order to hear it again.

If you like to can show the solo to your fellow forum member, with a link and a time indication.

I'll kick off with:

Running Wild - War & Peace (1998)
solo: 3.45 - 4.16

It's imo not too complicated, but very effective. A well chosen melody, "hitting the right snare", so to speak, to evoke my enthusiasm. The chords and the rhythm underneath do the rest!

(BTW: explanations are not necessary, the solo alone is good enough. :) )

Forostar said:
Perhaps the solo part made you even play the track more than once in order to hear it again.

That was what happened to the last two songs on Powerslave when I bought it  :)

Today's solo has to be from Tornado of Souls (Megadeth). Enjoy!

Adrian's solo in Children of the Damned.  It started playing in my head on Thursday for no apparent reason, as I hadn't even listened to the song in ages.  And I was absolutely certain it was Dave's solo, but turned out I was wrong.

James LaBrie - Drained. Solo by an Italian called Marco Sfogli. Great combination of melody and various techniques.

my favourite of the day is Flower Travellin' Man by a band called Earthless.Its about 15 minutes long and you can hear it in its entirety on there myspace page.

My favourite of the day is:

Candlemass - Spellbreaker (2005)

3.22 - 4.17   (fantastic build-up!)
4.42 - 5.16 (that high note at the end!)

I mean, wow, it hardly can get better than this. Lars Johansson is awesome.

For the Love of God -Steve Vai off the G3 live album is another one I could listen to several times one after the other.

Also the last 5 minutes on Cry for Freedom by Frank Marino off his Real Live album. I reckon he's a seriously underrated guitarist.

And to finish off, any version of Bridge of Sighs by Robin Trower.

Back