X-Factor and Dance of Death covers.

I want too add that, with the Cd, the booklets are as important as the cover. And I think that X Factor's and Dance of Death's booklets are far better than all the others !

And X Factor has two covers ! you can choose the one you hate the least ! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Revenant+Nov 24 2004, 02:04 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Revenant @ Nov 24 2004, 02:04 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I've decided I'm not going to buy these two albums because I don't like their covers and download them instead.  By any chance did Derek Riggs paint any 'real' eddie covers for tgem that I can put on my less than legal copy of the CD?  Hopefully if enough people do this Maiden will know to keep the master and his excellent Eddie covers.  Fear of the Dark, The Wickerman and Brave New World may have different covers, but they still look good [if not as gook as Rigg's].
[snapback]92196[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Yes. Rather silly logic my friend. Draw your own cover and paste it over the crap Maiden covers. But a bad album cover should not be the deciding factor on whether an album is worthy of buying or not. DOD, if memory serves me right, had a rather aweful cover as well. But wasnt that a pretty darn good album anyway?

Put it this way, the album cover is like the cherry on top of a sundae. Its a nice bonus to have, but if you like the cherry or not, it doesnt affect the scrumpcious flavor of the sundae. Get my drift? [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Now, GO SPEND YOUR MONEY!

[!--QuoteBegin-Revenant+Nov 24 2004, 02:04 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Revenant @ Nov 24 2004, 02:04 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I've decided I'm not going to buy these two albums because I don't like their covers and download them instead.
[/quote]
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA OMG [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] loser

[!--QuoteBegin-mcbrainlegend+Nov 28 2004, 12:51 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(mcbrainlegend @ Nov 28 2004, 12:51 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA OMG  [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] loser
[snapback]92420[/snapback]​
[/quote]

He who sits in the glass house should not throw stones [!--emo&<_<--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dry.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dry.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Nov 28 2004, 03:24 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Nov 28 2004, 03:24 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]He who sits in the glass house should not throw stones  [!--emo&<_<--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dry.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dry.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]92436[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Unless it needs glass fitted to it....... [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-brother_of_the_7th_son+Nov 24 2004, 11:03 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(brother_of_the_7th_son @ Nov 24 2004, 11:03 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]heh heh
am I the only person that actually likes the DoD cover?
[snapback]92219[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Nope... I really like the cover... ok, I know those silly and stupid graphical persons could be avoid, but in general the cover rocks !!
The design on the ground, the Eddie who represents death, the dead ppl who are dancing around him and the colours are marvellous !! Nice cover... I really do like it !!
Altough, I don't know what the heck this wolf is doing, and why the kid isn't sitting on him ??!!
Anyway, the DOD songs are great, and the title track with No More Lies are for me two of the best Iron Maiden songs.

As for my personal opinion regarding Iron Maiden covers, I liked the NOTB, Killers, DOD, 7th Son (that 1 rocks !), BNW, and Powerslave covers !! I think that's all lol [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Revenant+Nov 24 2004, 03:04 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Revenant @ Nov 24 2004, 03:04 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I've decided I'm not going to buy these two albums because I don't like their covers and download them instead.  By any chance did Derek Riggs paint any 'real' eddie covers for tgem that I can put on my less than legal copy of the CD?  Hopefully if enough people do this Maiden will know to keep the master and his excellent Eddie covers.  Fear of the Dark, The Wickerman and Brave New World may have different covers, but they still look good [if not as gook as Rigg's].
[/quote]
[!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
ARE YOU SERIOUS, i don't hope so.................that would be sad.

[!--QuoteBegin-Revenant+Nov 24 2004, 02:04 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Revenant @ Nov 24 2004, 02:04 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I've decided I'm not going to buy these two albums because I don't like their covers and download them instead.
[/quote]

That's seems like a fairly foolish reason for blacklisting those two LPs. Even though Maiden artwork is usually superb (and, fair enough, the covers of those two are probably the worst of all Maiden cover art), just because the aesthetics don't please doesn't mean the music shouldn't!

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Nov 24 2004, 02:33 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Nov 24 2004, 02:33 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Derek Riggs will likely never work again for Iron Maiden.  He's bloody tired of Steve, I would imagine.
[snapback]92199[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Why is Derek so tired of Steve?

I'll lament the lack of Derek Riggs artwork in the future. Some of his pictures are sheer brilliance.

Please people, choose avataurs for yourselves! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back