Wrathchild Needs Vocals

Hey all,

First i am a long time bass player that picked up the guitar about a year ago. I decided to start recording my favorite metal songs and Wrathchild is my first so be gentle Unfortunately i am NOT a singer. So anybody care to give it a go?? I want to get as many people to sing as possible. I would like the vocal track separated out so i can do a proper mix. Also any constructive criticism on how to improve any part of this would be great!! Thanks ahead of time for anybody that will end up doing this for me!!!

Cheers!
UP THE IRONS!

Wrathchild Download

Well, not bad :) Maybe, the rhythm/backing guitar line is a bit drowned I'd say, maybe it will be better with vocals :) Well, and a decent singer is hard to find, I am afraid :) So do not be surprised :) For example, I sing only in a self-defense or when making fun of metal music :)

You should try to make the drums more dynamic, especially the hihat. I don't know what kind of software you use, but you should be able to cusomize each beat somewhere, it's pretty boring work though.  It would also be a good idea to use a different crash from time to time.. Othen than that I think you've done a good job! :)

i am using EzDrummer... which isnt very. but thanks for the ideas. i am waiting for vocals before i so a "final mix." all of the lead parts other than the solo will be turned down. if you listen to the original they are slightly quieter than the rythm guitars. i dont really care what style people can sing... just need some vocals :)

How can you record your vocals on from the computer? Through a microphone I'm presuming, I don't have a great voice but it'd be worth a try.

hell yeah man!! go for it. download a free program called audacity and import the mp3 track. then hit the record button to sing over it. then delete the mp3 track and send me the vocal track that is left. easy as that!

Back