Weakest Song from each Iron Maiden album

tenor.gif

Warning - incoming @Forostar. Warning - incoming @Forostar.
I thought the Fugitive appearing on the list was more offensive.:p

I prefer the original but I do like that recording too, brings out more of the song.

IM - Charlotte the Harlot

Killers - Drifter

TNotB - Gangland

PoM - Where Eagles Dare

PS - Back in the Village

SiT - Alexander the Great

SSoaSS - Can I Play With Madness

NPftD - BYDTTS

FotD - From Here to Eternity

TXF - Fortunes of War

VXI - Lightning strikesTWICE

BNW - Wicker Man

DoD - Wildest Dreams

AMoLaD - Different World

TFF - Mother of Mercy

TBoS - If Eternity Should Fail

Also added how easy it was to identify

IM: Strange World (easy call, I like rest of the album much better).
K: Prodigal Son (easy call, not a huge fan of this album but this song stands out as a musical direction I’m glad Maiden didn’t commit to long term)
TnoTB: Invaders (easy call, not a terrible song but I like rest of TNoTB much better).
PoM: Quest for Fire (easy call, I like the rest of the album much better, not sure what Maiden were trying to do here with QfF)
P: Back in the Village (tough call, not a bad song and ranks close to Flash of the Blade, Losfer Words and the Duelists in the Powerslave track hierarchy).
SiT: Deja Vu (tough call, to me, Tracks 1-2 are best and rest of album tracks rank about the same compared to each other).
SSoaSS: Infinite Dreams (easy call, not my favorite album overall but I skip this song more than most).
NPftD: Mother Russia (tough call, not my favorite album overall, songs rank mostly the same to me)
FotD: Weekend Warrior (tough call, FoTD is the one song I really like off of this album, the rest rank about the same to me)
TXF: can’t decide, dislike album and not backtracking to listen again for this thread.
VXI: see TXF
BNW: The Nomad (easy call! Like rest of album much better)
DoD: No More Lies (tough call, not my favorite album, rank most songs on it about the same)
AMoLaD: The Legacy (easy call, like rest of album much better)
TFF: Satellite 15 (intro only NOT TFF the song — easy call like rest of album very much)
TBoS: Speed of Light (tough call because it’s not a bad song, just like it least of this album).

Last edited:
Do you like the guitar harmonies?

I like guitar harmonies in Maiden’s and other metal songs in general but the overall arrangement of Infinite Dreams just missfires for me.

I suspect this goes in the blasphemy thread. I hadn’t realize Infinite Dreams was generally that well regarded among other fans. Nonetheless, that’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it.

I like guitar harmonies in Maiden’s and other metal songs in general but the overall arrangement of Infinite Dreams just missfires for me.

I suspect this goes in the blasphemy thread. I hadn’t realize Infinite Dreams was generally that well regarded among other fans. Nonetheless, that’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it.
Tons of people love it. I don't care much for Infinite Dreams myself. Probably my greatest blasphemy...

Killers - Another album without fillers. Perhaps the most lose and aggressive they ever did. And by the way it was the first vinyl I ever bought. It's kind of hard to nominate a "least favorite" in such a stellar work although I think the least interesting track may be Innocent Exile. Nevertheless it is pretty enjoyable.
:notworthy::notworthy:

IM - Running Free
Killers - Genghis Khan
TNotB - Gangland
PoM - No worst songs - they're all great, but Quest for fire, and only because of the lyrics
PS - Back in the Village
SiT - Heaven Can Wait
SSoaSS - The Prophecy
NpftD - The Assasin
FotD - From Here to Eternity
TXF - Fortunes of War
VXI - Lightning strikes Twice
BNW - The Mercenary
DoD - Wildest Dreams
AMoLaD - Different World
TFF - Mother of Mercy
TBoS - Speed of Light