Worst Derek Riggs album cover?

Which album cover by Derek Riggs do you like the least?

• Iron Maiden

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Killers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Number of the Beast

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Piece of Mind

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Powerslave

• Somewhere in Time

• Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

• No Prayer for the Dying

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Live after Death

• A Real Live One

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • A Real Dead One

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters

The_7th_one

Ancient Mariner
A Real Dead one I'm with @GhostofCain When the album was released, I said to myself. WTF is this? Later I took the vinyl and the round sticker was even worse. And When I saw the Hallowed be thy name Live single on an imported Kerrang magazine oh man. That horrible Eddie's face. In 1995 when I was collecting all the singles and I saw the Bring your daughter to the slaughter cover. Ufffff!!! :facepalm:

MindRuler

Ancient Mariner
That Bring Your Daughter drawing is amazing!
I love the creatures breaking out from underneath the pavement...

Spambot

Ancient Mariner
I don't see what's so bad on NPFTD cover (original one, with the graveyard keeper).

On the other hand, debut album cover is kind of... poor? What's happening there, what's the story, what's he doing? I guess we'll never know and from the look on his face, seems like Eddie doesn't know either.

The_7th_one

Ancient Mariner
I love No prayer for the Dying cover with the graveyard keeper. It's awesome. It was Rod idea to erase him in the reissues.

srfc

Ancient Mariner
I love No prayer for the Dying cover with the graveyard keeper. It's awesome. It was Rod idea to erase him in the reissues.

Even the retro tshirts they released recently don't have him on it. Which is a shame, because a) they aren't authentic and b) the reissued cover is shit.

The_7th_one

Ancient Mariner
I had a No Prayer for the Dying (with the graveyard keeper) giant poster in the wall of my room at that time. Loved it. :D
Even I bought a magazine add promoting the new album on eBay

no prayer ad-27.5x34.2.jpg

srfc

Ancient Mariner
I think the cover is pretty bad. At least A Real Live One, whilst not great, was a play on words.

That's the issue with ARDO, the cover has no connection to the album title. The problem is the title rather than the cover. What a shit title. I don't think A Real Live One is a particularly great title, but it's a fairly standard play on words for a Live album title. A Real Dead One is a play on the play on words of ARLO and is otherwise completely fucking meaningless. It would be impossible I think to come up with an idea to represent that visually.