Votes: 2 4.8%
  • A Matter of Life and Death

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Final Frontier

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • The Book of Souls

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I guess once you've risked the wrath of Adrian Smith and lived to tell the tale, messing with Forostar is not so scary. :innocent:

That's because you're new.
Foro may explain if he has the energy.

No Prayer unmemorable? I could not disagree more. :p That album's probably in my top 5 for Maiden. It's a nice return to the stripped down, raw Maiden from the first two records, only with some better songs.

It changes all the time for me. Today, I'll vote for Dance of Death. It reminds me of Powerslave -- some killer tunes and some shitty tunes with no middle ground.

FotD for me.

Also, lol at the Adrian Smith reference. Adrian Smith is responsible for plate tectonics.

I agree with Kill Devil Hill. Surely anyone who doesn't like No Prayer needs their speakers tested. I voted for The Number of the Beast. Not because I don't like it (I really do), its just my least favourite.

I voted for Virtual XI, There's 2 great songs (The Clansman and The Educated Fool), 2 crappy songs (Angel and the Gambler and Don't Look To) the rest is decent.

I agree with Kill Devil Hill. Surely anyone who doesn't like No Prayer needs their speakers tested. I voted for The Number of the Beast. Not because I don't like it (I really do), its just my least favourite.
NotB is overrated, I wouldn't call it a bad album but it doesn't even reach my top 5. And No Prayer is a fantastic record.

I think what makes The Number of the Beast so great, honestly, is the production. The production is hands down the best production of any album ever for me. The sound has the right amount of polish and dirt. No Maiden production has come close.

But song-wise, it's really not that great. Still, due to the fantastic production, it's among my favorites (though still below No Prayer).

I think what makes The Number of the Beast so great, honestly, is the production. The production is hands down the best production of any album ever for me. The sound has the right amount of polish and dirt. No Maiden production has come close.

But song-wise, it's really not that great. Still, due to the fantastic production, it's among my favorites (though still below No Prayer).

I always thought Powerslave's production was masterful.

I would say Virtual XI: the production, the lyrics, the music itself, the football' pictures. I have the feeling of a tired, out-of-ideas Maiden, something that doesn't happen in NPFD-XF era. For me it was a major letdown after XF. Actually it was my first Maiden studio album i bought during the first week of the official release.

Only the clansman escapes this. The Educated fool, futureal, and the short-version of the TAATG are decent, but nothing special at all.

A difficult choice between Fear of the Dark and No Prayer for the Dying, but I'll go with FotD. Some songs are pretty awesome, like the title track and Afraid to Shoot Strangers, but then again, this album has more fillers than any other album. The Apparition, Fear is the Key, Weekend Warrior etc..

I
A difficult choice between Fear of the Dark and No Prayer for the Dying, but I'll go with FotD. Some songs are pretty awesome, like the title track and Afraid to Shoot Strangers, but then again, this album has more fillers than any other album. The Apparition, Fear is the Key, Weekend Warrior etc..

I wouldn't call any of those 'fillers.' I'm sure they put as much into them as any other song.

I would say Virtual XI: the production, the lyrics, the music itself, the football' pictures. I have the feeling of a tired, out-of-ideas Maiden, something that doesn't happen in NPFD-XF era. For me it was a major letdown after XF. Actually it was my first Maiden studio album i bought during the first week of the official release.

Only the clansman escapes this. The Educated fool, futureal, and the short-version of the TAATG are decent, but nothing special at all.
This pretty much summarises my opinion.

Virtual XI

Because No Prayer for the Dying and Fear of the Dark have some awesome tunes like The Assassin, Public Enema Number One, Judas be my Guide, Fear of the Dark and Afraid to Shoot Strangers. Virtual XI has some of their worst songs ever and some decent ones, nothing really awesome.

Back