World Cup of Maidenfans 2.0 Sweet 16: Round 8

Which is the better artist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think I can pick one. Both bands had a similar impact on my life.

Your-Blog-is-Boring.png

About as energizing as 4'33''

I actually own the score for that piece. My conductor was clearing out the filing cabinets and giving away some old sheet music so I was like "why not?" :p

It's scored for an entire orchestra and there are time changes, modulations, tempo markings, i.e. pretty much everything. I get a good laugh out of it from time to time.

At 5:11 that Floyd song sounds like Octavarium.

I just watched a "performance" of that on YouTube... is that supposed to be like a legit thing?

It's an actual piece. It's supposed to be making a statement, but John Cage was a hack composer who relied more on being provocative and gimmicky rather than actual igenuity in his works.

Btw I'm far from being a music snob, and it takes a lot for me to call any artist a hack.

About as energizing as 4'33''

4'33'' describes the essence of music, with a sheer combination of natural stillness and the touch of humanity. With everything taken into account, it truly shows that music is everywhere, be it a cough, a sneeze, a whisper, or a sound that a device makes during the process. It's the beautiful harmony of life and it captures the moment at its unadulterated way. When all seems to stay intact and there's seemingly no movement to be seen, there's always something that will break the silence and keep the essence of life flowing.

This piece of absolute pretentious crap was brought to you by The Flash, a Pink Floyd and Dream Theater fan.

Back