World Cup of Maidenfans 2.0: Opening Round 19

Which is the better artist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mckindog

Living for Sanctuary from the law
Staff member
Previous round (Alice in Chains versus Ozzy Osbourne) is very tight remains open for voting here:
http://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/the-world-cup-of-maidenfans-2-0-opening-round-18.27853/

As usual, vote for your favourite. The winner advances, the loser goes home.

In the blue corner, from Seattle, Washington, weighing in with seven albums of melodic, edgy, high-energy hard rock

foo_fighters logo.jpg

In the red corner, from Huntington Park California, weighing in with 10 albums that pushed metal to new extremes, the blackest member of the big four

Slayer.jpg

Anything associated with Nirvana: kill it with fire.

Foo Fighters are the quintessential, generic "rock stars." I like Dave Grohl as a person and a musician; I very much enjoy his other projects. But sweet jesus, Foo Fighters are bad.
They're just edgy enough to appeal to people looking to "rebel" against standard radio rock, and feel special, but still catchy and safe enough so these same people can play the music to their mothers.

Slayer helped define a genre and could also probably be a stepping stone for death metal.

These polls are also showing me who the real falses are around here. ;) (How do you vote against Motorhead and Slayer??) So vntrve.

If I'm false because I say Slayer suck ass, then I'm fine with it.
Fine. But you're wrong, and I hate you.
AwVSvq1CQAA97mI.jpg:large

Luke is obviously one of the Metalheads who only likes the first four Metallica albums or nothing lighter than Slayer.

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

Wiz: Are you wearing jeans and leather or cracker jack clothes?

Back