Woah! Maiden Ticket Prices

[!--quoteo(post=133173:date=Mar 28 2006, 01:31 PM:name=Perun)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Mar 28 2006, 01:31 PM) [snapback]133173[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
They have already, several times.

Before it was torn down.

*sigh*
[/quote]

you mean wembley arena not stadium certainly

Yes, I was mistaken. They played Wembley Arena. However,

wembley.jpg

The stadium is torn down now, sad as it is. They can't play there. Not until the new one is finished.

Although Maiden tickets are rather expensive, take a look at how much Madonna is charging.

£80 for the CHEAPEST tickets. The most expensive are £160 before fees. Now THAT is taking the piss. Especially to watch an old scrubber ponce around in clothes she should of stopped wearing 25 years ago and kiss girls young enough to be her daughters.

[!--quoteo(post=134434:date=Apr 9 2006, 04:24 PM:name=spalec)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(spalec @ Apr 9 2006, 04:24 PM) [snapback]134434[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Although Maiden tickets are rather expensive, take a look at how much Madonna is charging.

£80 for the CHEAPEST tickets. The most expensive are £160 before fees. Now THAT is taking the piss. Especially to watch an old scrubber ponce around in clothes she should of stopped wearing 25 years ago and kiss girls young enough to be her daughters.
[/quote]

Absolutely agree, Robbie Willaims is another example, im sure i heard his tickets going for £100 or even more not so long ago, and what do you get......well just him singing or at least trying to. You dont get a fantastic stage set and visual effects like you do with maiden and general all round gob smacking performance. The tickets are very reasonable if you look at it.

[!--quoteo(post=134438:date=Apr 9 2006, 04:49 PM:name=MaidenEngland787)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(MaidenEngland787 @ Apr 9 2006, 04:49 PM) [snapback]134438[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Absolutely agree, Robbie Willaims is another example, im sure i heard his tickets going for £100 or even more not so long ago, and what do you get......well just him singing or at least trying to. You dont get a fantastic stage set and visual effects like you do with maiden and general all round gob smacking performance. The tickets are very reasonable if you look at it.
[/quote]

I think the tickets themselves are reaonably priced, £32 is ok for the show you get at maiden. It's the £9 in booking fee/postage I find so outrageous. What do they do to even begin to jutify that price?

[!--quoteo(post=134445:date=Apr 9 2006, 05:38 PM:name=spalec)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(spalec @ Apr 9 2006, 05:38 PM) [snapback]134445[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I think the tickets themselves are reaonably priced, £32 is ok for the show you get at maiden. It's the £9 in booking fee/postage I find so outrageous. What do they do to even begin to jutify that price?
[/quote]
If you have seen the DotR DVD Disc 2. In the "Life on the Road" section, you will see how much effort goes into setting up a gig. from the techies to the stage crew, including the caterers and lighting staff, you will see how expensive the ordeal must be. I think that £32 or whatever is a fairly reasonable price for this... the thing that annoys me is the service charge that goes straight into the pockets of the folk at ticketmaster or whoever. They take the biscuit ::

Its nice that Maiden have plenty of fans who defend their ticket pricing and comment that it takes a lot of people to put on a big production like a Maiden show etc. but I still feel ripped off. I can't beleive I've had to pay nearly £10 more for this upcoming tour than I did in 2003, that is definately above inflation. All the members of Maiden and their management etc. are very well off, probably multi-millionaires, so why do they need to hike up the price so much? Harris and Co. (minus Bruce really) are all supposed to be down to earth-working class types, so why rip off their down to earth - working class type fans? Do messers Harris and Smallwood really need to line their pockets anymore? surely they have made enough money from releasing about 3 'best of's in the past two weeks (okay slight overstatement).

I speculate that the high ticket prices are maybe safety measure against poor sales. When Priest did the UK reunion tour (saw them in Sheffield and despite what any blindly devoted fans might say, they were crap), they were only playing half arenas etc and not really selling as anticipated. Maybe Maiden are fearing the novelty of their 'reunion' is wearing thin and if the new album turns out crap they'll struggle to sell enough tickets. But Maiden have never really had a problem shifting tickets (minus the Blaze years in the UK, I was a bit embarrassed for them to be playing Leeds Town & Country club, great gig though), so do we just have ot accept that they want more of our money, after already fleecing us for a DVD that doesn;t work, the new album and £25 for a tour shirt?

I used to fanatically follow Maiden and hang on their every word, but I'm getting sick of feeding their pension fund these days. I'm beginning to miss the X-Factour days when they genuinely looked like they were doing it just for the love of the music....

[!--quoteo(post=135482:date=Apr 23 2006, 10:08 AM:name=NumberoftheGaz)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(NumberoftheGaz @ Apr 23 2006, 10:08 AM) [snapback]135482[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]

I speculate that the high ticket prices are maybe safety measure against poor sales. When Priest did the UK reunion tour (saw them in Sheffield and despite what any blindly devoted fans might say, they were crap), they were only playing half arenas etc and not really selling as anticipated. Maybe Maiden are fearing the novelty of their 'reunion' is wearing thin and if the new album turns out crap they'll struggle to sell enough tickets. But Maiden have never really had a problem shifting tickets (minus the Blaze years in the UK, I was a bit embarrassed for them to be playing Leeds Town & Country club, great gig though), so do we just have ot accept that they want more of our money, after already fleecing us for a DVD that doesn;t work, the new album and £25 for a tour shirt?

[/quote]

Don't worry most UK dates will be sold out in full configuration (maybe except manchester and london)

I know most band's ticket prices are dictated by management/record companies etc. but I don't beleive that a band like Maiden, who from day one has been closely controlled by founder steve Harris has ever compromised on anything. Given their position now as global giants of metal and big earners for EMI etc. I'm sure if Harris turned around and said, our tickets should be cheaper, the execs wouldn't force him to boost them against his will. Plus what about the £25 t-shirts? That will be purely decided by the band's set up and not external forces. Why do I pay £8-£10 for a t-shirt for a younger/newr band who need the money more, then go to a Maiden show to pay £25 for a t-shirt of a band of multi-millionaires, when the t-shirt is the same brand and has roughly the same amount of printing on it?

I'm not worried about Maiden selling out arenas, I'm just bitiching that I'm getting ripped off.

[!--quoteo(post=135492:date=Apr 23 2006, 01:58 PM:name=juju)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(juju @ Apr 23 2006, 01:58 PM) [snapback]135492[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Don't worry most UK dates will be sold out in full configuration (maybe except manchester and london)
[/quote]

Isn't the first night at London sold out? It'd of thought it'd either be totally or very close to if they added a second night at Earls court.

Edit: Looking on ticketmaster, Cardiff, Birmingham and the 1st London date are all sold out, and every other gig except the 2nd London date only have seats left. And there's still a good 7 months till the tour.

[!--quoteo(post=135495:date=Apr 23 2006, 01:49 PM:name=spalec)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(spalec @ Apr 23 2006, 01:49 PM) [snapback]135495[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Isn't the first night at London sold out? It'd of thought it'd either be totally or very close to if they added a second night at Earls court.

Edit: Looking on ticketmaster, Cardiff, Birmingham and the 1st London date are all sold out, and every other gig except the 2nd London date only have seats left. And there's still a good 7 months till the tour.
[/quote]

Yes but you can find tickets on other networks, seetickets.com for example. Only Cardiff and birmingham are sold out.

nah!

This is how it works. Maiden only pay band members royalties from records sales depending on the writing credits on the songs. Therefore most of the cut is divided between the major songwrites (Harris). The rest of the band get payed from the live shows. Now, more money generated by touring, the more money the "lesser" contributors in the band get. The finacial institution "Iron Maiden" raises their fees, and the managment, promotors and venues raises end ticket prices to the fans.

Simple realy. We get "ripped off" from pultiple sources.

Here's what I paid in the last few years all in Canadian...

Gigantour: $90(pit)
Van Halen: $120(floor seats)
Ozzfest: $90
Children of Bodom: $35(pit)
Judas Priest: $80(floor seats)
Velvet Revolver: $80(pit)

[!--quoteo(post=135758:date=Apr 28 2006, 08:32 AM:name=TheWickedChild)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(TheWickedChild @ Apr 28 2006, 08:32 AM) [snapback]135758[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Here's what I paid in the last few years all in Canadian...

Gigantour: $90(pit)
Van Halen: $120(floor seats)
Ozzfest: $90
Children of Bodom: $35(pit)
Judas Priest: $80(floor seats)
Velvet Revolver: $80(pit)
[/quote]

There you go. Supply and demand. Bodom are relatively unknown compared to Velvet Revolver, so the price is about half the price of VR. Van Halen was pretty costly, although you were hiking the price up a bit by getting seated. Still, taking about $20 off if you'd got standing, it's still overpriced. Out of interest, what are you paying for Maiden, so we can compare? I got my ticket last week for 56E-hefty, but worth it (20th December is close enough as to be a Christmas present from my parents, anyway [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /] ). Pity about having to sit through Trivium-why can't they get a decent band to open for them? ::

[!--quoteo(post=135783:date=Apr 28 2006, 05:35 PM:name=Silky)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Silky @ Apr 28 2006, 05:35 PM) [snapback]135783[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Pity about having to sit through Trivium-why can't they get a decent band to open for them? ::
[/quote]Supply and demand [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

Well, I haven't got a ticket for Maiden, but if they announce at least one date in Canada there will be no limit to my ticket price. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=135783:date=Apr 28 2006, 06:35 PM:name=Silky)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Silky @ Apr 28 2006, 06:35 PM) [snapback]135783[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Pity about having to sit through Trivium-why can't they get a decent band to open for them? ::
[/quote]
Exactly my question [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"^_^\" border=\"0\" alt=\"happy.gif\" /]

Back