Woah! Maiden Ticket Prices

[!--quoteo(post=135784:date=Apr 28 2006, 05:37 PM:name=Conor)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Apr 28 2006, 05:37 PM) [snapback]135784[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Supply and demand [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]
[/quote]

What, more people want to see Maiden, so they filter out the lukewarm fans by having a crap supporting act? Sort of like a baptism of fire. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

But if anyone tries to mosh into me during Trivium....and if I see anyone who was cheering Trivium giving an anyway halfway reception to Maiden, they will learn the true meaning of pain....
...oh wait, they'll already have had an hour of Trivium-they already know pain. Damn... [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"^_^\" border=\"0\" alt=\"happy.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=135811:date=Apr 29 2006, 10:37 AM:name=Silky)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Silky @ Apr 29 2006, 10:37 AM) [snapback]135811[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
What, more people want to see Maiden, so they filter out the lukewarm fans by having a crap supporting act? Sort of like a baptism of fire. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]
[/quote]

Well, the last time Maiden played at The Point, the support act, Funeral For A Friend got a harsh reception so it's not going to be any different with Trivium is it now? [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /] Another example would be 3 or 4 years ago when Linkin Park played with Metallica here, and they received all sorts of abuse. The DJ had his system wrecked because some guy threw a bottle full of water at him, causing the electronics to short. The singer was spit at and so forth. When Metallica came on, Hetfield was saying "Wow, you really gave those fellas a hard time eh?" [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"^_^\" border=\"0\" alt=\"happy.gif\" /]

As for the ticket prices, at least the ones for The Point aren't as expensive as the RDS which went up to 85 euro for a seated ticket. Ah well, there's always the odd death metal concert here which is much cheaper. Bolt Thrower and Cryptopsy played fairly recently and there's a Suffocation/Necrophagist/Obituary concert in June. Now that's more like it.

[!--quoteo(post=135816:date=Apr 29 2006, 11:24 AM:name=Black Dragon)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Black Dragon @ Apr 29 2006, 11:24 AM) [snapback]135816[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Another example would be 3 or 4 years ago when Linkin Park played with Metallica here, and they received all sorts of abuse. The DJ had his system wrecked because some guy threw a bottle full of water at him, causing the electronics to short. The singer was spit at and so forth. When Metallica came on, Hetfield was saying "Wow, you really gave those fellas a hard time eh?" [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"^_^\" border=\"0\" alt=\"happy.gif\" /]
[/quote]

As much as I dislike Trivium, anyone who does this sort of thing is a total idiot. The least you can do for a band is show a little respect. If you don't like them, go get a beer or something. If you do watch them, don't be an idiot and ruin the set for anyone who does actually want to watch.

I have a better idea than throwing water.
newsnipersmilie1vu.gif

I don't like Trivium either, but if I were there I'd at least listen. If people want to enjoy Trivium, that's their business.

Gee, it's not like being asked by a major band to be a supporting act on a crucial European tour ever helped Maiden get big...

Exactly. They are artists, after all (just about [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]), and should be given all due respect. Which is why I'll politely listen to them and not display my lack of interest too openly (except for folding my arms and looking gr1m >:[ ). Who knows-since they play so many covers, maybe I may actually enjoy it...(If you squint and put your head to one side, you can almost imagine it's Megadeth on a very bad night... :: )

Re: Woah! Maiden Ticket Prices

prn said:
This is how it works. Maiden only pay band members royalties from records sales depending on the writing credits on the songs. Therefore most of the cut is divided between the major songwrites (Harris).

Mostly correct, but not entirely.

Songwriting royalties are paid by the oraganizations (like ASCAP or BMI) who collect those royalties. Iron Maiden or Sanctuary has nothing to do with it.

Also, royalties of this nature come not only from record sales, but also from radio or TV airplay. However, it is true that a single sale of a record generates a larger royalty than a single play from one radio station.

I payed 450+25 Swedish for the ticket. It is about 35 GBP.
Nothing special, really. Like a Quality sweater.

It is waaay more expensive traveling to the venue.  :-[

Just a little theory of mine.  Since Maiden claim to do everything for the fans and it's the fans they care about,  logic would have it that they wouldn't want to make concert prices so high.  Unless they're planning something (it's only a theory) big for the shows.  Something we've never seen before,  that requires enormous stage sets and will include loads of theatrics/pyros.  So in fact they couldn't prevent the high prices.  But, all we can do is wait and see. :(

SneakySneaky said:
Just a little theory of mine.  Since Maiden claim to do everything for the fans and it's the fans they care about,  logic would have it that they wouldn't want to make concert prices so high.  Unless they're planning something (it's only a theory) big for the shows.  Something we've never seen before,  that requires enormous stage sets and will include loads of theatrics/pyros.  So in fact they couldn't prevent the high prices.  But, all we can do is wait and see. :(

Perhaps you would be better off reading the thread.
MAIDEN DO NOT DECIDE TICKET PRICES
The ticket prices are decided on the basis of how likely the band are to sell out the tickets, transport and administration costs, etc., etc.  Maiden can't raise or lower the ticket prices, and if the band are planning some 'big, expensive pyro event', it will come out of the band's income, which is funded by sale of albums, merchandise and tickets.  But Maiden do not fix ticket prices in a specific venue.

Silky said:
Perhaps you would be better off reading the thread.
MAIDEN DO NOT DECIDE TICKET PRICESBut Maiden do not fix ticket prices in a specific venue.

Yes but Maiden Fix how much they want to earn for each concert ... that's the same thing, the promoter will have to adapt the price depending what maiden ask.

Anyway for this tour, nothing special to say about the price, they are not so expensive (43 € in france, classic price today)

Silky said:
  But Maiden do not fix ticket prices in a specific venue.
I know they don't.  But I think you'll notice that prices have gone higher in every venue.  And I don't think we should be as naive to believe that Maiden have nothing to do with pricing. :angry:

Back