Will They Be Ever Played Live ?

thomason

Invader
Here is the list of the songs which were ever played live, but never by Reunion line-up. What do you think, which of them will Reunion line-up do live again ?

The Prisoner
Total Eclipse
Flight Of Icarus
Still Life
Caught Somewhere In Time
Sea Of Madness
The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
Infinite Dreams
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
Tailgunner
Holy Smoke
Hooks In You
No Prayer For The Dying
Public Enema Number One
Be Quick Or Be Dead
Afraid To Shoot Strangers
Wasting Love
From Here To Eternity
The Assassin
Fortunes Of War
The Aftermath
The Edge Of Darkness
Blood On the World's Hands
The Educated Fool
The Angel And The Gambler
When Two Worlds Collide
Don't Look To the Eyes Of A Stranger
Lightning Strikes Twice

Re: Will They Be Ever Palyed Live ?

Several of the songs were only played during the album tour for the album they were on - those I doubt we'll ever witness live again. Those who were actually played on more tours ... who knows?

Out of these, my choices would be Caught Somewhere In Time, Infinite Dreams, and one of the songs from The X Factor. Loneliness or The Prisoner would also be great. And of course Afraid To Shoot Strangers, strange that they haven't played it since the Blaze years.

It's unlekely that they will play ALL, unless they actually do an effort and do perhaps a mini-tour with only unplayed songs before  :yey:

Let's just hope that the next album won't be last. If it is, then the album tour might be the last tour in a while...

if they will do History tour part III. NPFTD - VXI I hope they will play these songs:

Holy Smoke
No Prayer For The Dying
Be Quick Or Be Dead
Afraid To Shoot Strangers
Wasting Love
From Here To Eternity
Tailgunner
The Aftermath
The Angel And The Gambler
Lightning Strikes Twice

if they will do any tour to support Maiden England DVD, I hope will play these songs:

Caught Somewhere In Time
Sea Of Madness
The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
Infinite Dreams
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
Alexander The Great (fingers crossed ´cause never been played live)

thomason said:
if they will do History tour part III. NPFTD - VXI I hope they will play these songs:

You make me laugh, there will never be such a tour!
But even if there will be, it's gonna be much worse than History II, in which the half of the songs was belong to History I
and there was one song from the hypothetical History III...

Don't hope.

Honestly, I can only see them playing "Flight of Icarus", "Infinite Dreams", and "Afraid to Shoot Strangers" ever again.

Quetzalcoatlus said:
But even if there will be, it's gonna be much worse than History II, in which the half of the songs was belong to History I

Don't hope.

There WILL be a history 3, Bruce confirmed in a radio interview ages ago. It will cover Seventh Son and up, in his own words. That sounds like No Prayer to me.

Reumeren said:
There WILL be a history 3, Bruce confirmed in a radio interview ages ago. It will cover Seventh Son and up, in his own words. That sounds like No Prayer to me.

Look better what I wrote :

Quetzalcoatlus said:

You see what I mean ?

GuineaPig said:
Honestly, I can only see them playing "Flight of Icarus", "Infinite Dreams", and "Afraid to Shoot Strangers" ever again.
Infinite Dreams only if they do a post-SIT tour with more SSOASS material, Flight of Icarus had the chance during the History I tour, highly doubtful they'll ever do it again. ATSS very likely. If they do the History III, they'll have to do Be Quick Or Be Dead and Wasting Love, and at least one more song from NPFTD apart from the mandatory Bring Your Daughter - probably Tailgunner.

Hmm, let's see...hypothetical 14 songs from '90s albums + IM and HBTN;

1. Futureal
2. Lord Of The Flies
3. Holy Smoke
4. Afraid To Shoot Strangers
5. Public Enema Number One
6. Sign Of The Cross
7. The Aftermath
8. Fear Of The Dark
9. Lightning Strikes Twice
10. The Clansman
11. Fortunes Of War
12. No Prayer For The Dying
13. Iron Maiden

Encore :
14. Tailgunner
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. The Educated Fool

One hell of a setlist, but it ain't gonna happen.

Bruce doing Educated Fool? Hmmm, not too sure on that one. He should be good at Fortunes of War though. I think Blood on the World's Hands would work better with Bruce.
I think theres too much Blaze material for that setlist, Zare, even if they did play that much 90s material, they wouldn't do that many Blaze songs. For a more realistic sestlist, surely some more songs from Fear of the Dark? Be Quick or Be Dead would have to be a certainty, and Bring Your Daughter.

I want Edge of Darkness played again most of all!

Quetzalcoatlus said:
Look better what I wrote :

I did. I am saying that Bruce DID confirm a tour which contains that material that you say will never be played. So I don't think ''they vill never do that tour'' is a correct statement. Because I think they will.

Quetzalcoatlus said:

Don't hope.

You said it.  The so-called History II had virtually no songs from their "experimental years" that we weren't already hearing plenty (i.e. Heaven Can Wait, Wasted Years).  The only exception was Moonchild.

Exactly. Strictly speaking it was a joke. No Infinite Dreams, no Alexander, no 7th Son, no Loneliness -no surprise
The one and only time that Maiden dared to do something different regarding tours -as far as I can remember-
was during the first part of AMOLAD tour, I did enjoy it so much then.

Especially that Alexander, it was THE opportunity to play it live for once, they let it leave  :(
They should spend some more time in rehearsals...

A joke? It was meant as a tribute to the new wave of fans which was too young to have seenthe World Slavery Tour show. I'm one of them!

Reumeren, I am one of them as well, I haven't been to that tour.

However, I saw Maiden at 11 other different tours, and had seen all the setlist songs apart from two. So the whole presentation of the tour was a joke, I agree with that statement. I still enjoyed the concert immensely (I saw Rime for the first time!).

Yet another thread about setlist complaints. Don't you people grow tired of it?

Reumeren said:
A joke? It was meant as a tribute to the new wave of fans which was too young to have seenthe World Slavery Tour show. I'm one of them!

Forostar said:
However, I saw Maiden at 11 other different tours, and had seen all the setlist songs apart from two. So the whole presentation of the tour was a joke, I agree with that statement. I still enjoyed the concert immensely (I saw Rime for the first time!).

I enjoyed it as well, I saw a few songs I've never witnessed before, plus the sound was exceptionally good.

But when you announce History II, you play History II, period.
If you don't have the balls, or you are too lazy for rehearsals of 'new songs', or both, to exclude the History I songs,
ok then don't play me Fear of the Dark, that's a bit too much.

I can see why Fear of the Dark was a bit too much on a tour about the 80's and how it might have disappointed long-time followers, but on the other hand it was one of the coolest moments of my life when Fear of the Dark kicked off. Standing there and chanting with thousands of Maiden fans  :ok:

I guess I have a biased opinion on the tour, since it was my first.

Reumeren, let's see if you still feel that way in a few years, once you've seen Maiden 5 or 6 times and they've only played 20-25 different songs on all of those tours. I for one have seen "Heaven Can Wait" far too many times considering it's maybe the 5th best song on SIT.

All of these threads exist b/c most folks who've seen Maiden more than once would like a little variety. We are probably fools, but we can hope, no?

Back