Which song was written first... for all of the 16 albums

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that the title track for TBOS was something Steve originally demo'd in the AMOLAD sessions, but he lost it (didn't record properly or something?) and he had to re-write it for TBOS. Is this ringing a bell for anyone else?

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that the title track for TBOS was something Steve originally demo'd in the AMOLAD sessions, but he lost it (didn't record properly or something?) and he had to re-write it for TBOS. Is this ringing a bell for anyone else?

Found it, TBOS was written during the Final Frontier sessions.

There are other big songs on the album – not least the title track.

Steve: "Well, that song was a fucking nightmare for me. I’d written these melodies, around the time we were making The Final Frontier, and somehow I lost them. I don’t know how it happened. I thought we were recording, but the machine just wasn’t working. It’s the first time that’s ever happened to me, in all these years. The problem for me is when I’m writing, I put so many melodies down, so by the time I get to the tenth melody I won’t remember the first one. But in the end, I wrote some new melodies for the song, and we combined this with some ideas that Janick had. It turned out really well."

So it was probably the first song that was started for TBOS, but I don't know if you're counting things as the first song finished for a particular album?

Found it, TBOS was written during the Final Frontier sessions.

There are other big songs on the album – not least the title track.

Steve: "Well, that song was a fucking nightmare for me. I’d written these melodies, around the time we were making The Final Frontier, and somehow I lost them. I don’t know how it happened. I thought we were recording, but the machine just wasn’t working. It’s the first time that’s ever happened to me, in all these years. The problem for me is when I’m writing, I put so many melodies down, so by the time I get to the tenth melody I won’t remember the first one. But in the end, I wrote some new melodies for the song, and we combined this with some ideas that Janick had. It turned out really well."

So it was probably the first song that was started for TBOS, but I don't know if you're counting things as the first song finished for a particular album?

In Wikipedia says, that the first songs written for TBOS album were SOTV, DOG, SOL and IESF.

But yeah, we can count the title track given that story from Steve - I mean, the melodies of that song dates back to 2010.

Yet, since a few lines of lyrics do not a track make, it should be this one perhaps?

If anything, Steve claimed the stolen lyrics were "guide lyrics" until he finished writing the real lyrics which he never did, so that suggests that rather than it being the first track to have been written, Hallowed in fact has not been written yet

I remember Steve saying that the title track was something he was working on since a few years, but I don't know if he already got it back in 2006.

I remember Steve saying that the title track was something he was working on since a few years, but I don't know if he already got it back in 2006.
If you look up I few posts I found the interview. Turns out it was during the TFF sessions, so the origins of that song begin in 2010.

Back