Which song should be released with Nicko singing, ala Age of Innocence.

Which song would you buy?

• Hallowed be Thy Name

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paschendale

• Powerslave

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

• Starblind

• Sign of the Cross

• Clansman

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • When the Wild Wind Blows

• Alexander the Great

• Fear of the Dark

• Phantom of the Opera (or Oppera)

• Total voters

Crimson Idol

Caveman
There was a discussion earlier in the chat channel which I thought deserved a poll.

It began with my proclamation that Nicko's version of Age of Innocence is easily Maiden's best song, ever, period - and continued with "Nicko should've done the vocals after Bruce left" then "H should've, it would've been awesome" and progressed into the decision that maiden should release an entire album of Nicko singing some of their songs. We avoided the idea that each member should have a song on an album for fear of them turning into Kiss (with better back catalogue and less gimmick).... but the Nicko idea, that just must be further explored!!

So, which of the songs in the poll (The ones suggested for 'The album' in chat, plus a few token others...pretty much all epics just to extend the brilliance) would you buy if it was released with Nicko singing :p

Bah, that wasn't among Night Prowlers original album suggestion, but I shall add it :p

I'd buy an album of nicko singing TBH, great for picking your mood up.

Black Thunder said:
Believe me, I know what I'm doing. :bigsmile:

Don't get me wrong, I can envisage it now.. and I'd love it!!

Only reason it wasn't on the poll was I went with the original tracks that were thrown around in the chat.

OffTopic, I like how affectionate this cat is.. coming over and trying to nuzzle me... but when I'm lying down trying to type on a laptop it kinda gets in a way having a cat stand on my chest.

Crimson Idol said:
Don't get me wrong, I can envisage it now.. and I'd love it!!

Only reason it wasn't on the poll was I went with the original tracks that were thrown around in the chat.

OffTopic, I like how affectionate this cat is.. coming over and trying to nuzzle me... but when I'm lying down trying to type on a laptop it kinda gets in a way having a cat stand on my chest.

Can't say the same about my cat. Plus, I'm using a PC.

There are also very good songs who are still missing, but Phantom got here, and I suppose that counts...

Well I can't really make a poll of the entire catalogue  :p

That said, good songs and "Would be epic for Nicko" can be very different things, the amount of times he lost his place on Age of Innocence I wonder how he'd do with Rime...

Uhm...I would really like to hear Nicko sing Rime, or maybe Paschendale :bigsmile: That would be quite awesome to hear!  :p

Also Nicko should take over for Bruce when he left instead of Blaze(Not that i have anything against Blaze, i really like him) :D

I would be perfectly happy to let him do the vocals to Transylvania, Losfer Words, or the Ides of March. I'd consider Genghis Khan, but I'm not sure he has that kind of range.

Habberdasher said:
I would be perfectly happy to let him do the vocals to Transylvania, Losfer Words, or the Ides of March. I'd consider Genghis Khan, but I'm not sure he has that kind of range.

You mean they should write lyrics especially for Nicko? Good idea!

That... is gold.
Didn't think the start sounded quite right but when he got to the "dadadada BAM BA BAM dadada Swig-a-dee-deee" bit it blew me away.

Swig-a-dee-dee should be an actual chorus on maidens next album, I've decided.

All I can say is that I love Nicko's 'Age' version.

When I discovered that on my single, that was very special. Then he had me laughing so much. Very cool.

That whole single is awesome. All the artwork,  the animation, photos.
The whole layout and everything. (and I wore my wristband to Eggfest)
:D

Back