Which song(s) contain(s) your favourite guitar solo(s) on: 9. Fear Of The Dark

Vote for the song(s) with your favourite guitar solo(s)!

• Wasting Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Childhood's End

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Fear Is The Key

• Afraid To Shoot Strangers

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • From Here To Eternity

• Space Station No. 5

• Nodding Donkey Blues

• I Can't See My Feelings

• The Fugitive

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Chains Of Misery

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • The Apparition

• Judas Be My Guide

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Weekend Warrior

• Fear Of The Dark

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Roll Over Vic Vella

• I Can't See My Feelings

• Total voters

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Winner of the No Prayer For The Dying-era: Mother Russia.
This song will go to the final.

Finalists:
1. Phantom Of The Opera
2. Prodigal Son
3. The Number Of The Beast
4. The Trooper
5. Powerslave
6. Stranger In A Strange Land
7. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
8. Mother Russia

We'll continue with chapter 9!
Next era: Fear Of The Dark!

This is probably the largest collection to choose from. 16 songs.

In case you guys want to know what's going on here, please do read on:

-------

1. You may cast 1 or 2 votes on the song(s) which contain(s) your favourite guitar solo(s). The winner* will come back in the final where all albums will be represented by the strongest songs (solo-wise that is)!

2. In this poll the word solo may be interpreted as broad as you like. E.g., the lead guitars / harmonies / licks (whatever you like to call them) in Iron Maiden & Running Free are imho not really solos since they are repetitive motives, but you can still vote for these tracks in case you like these moments better than others.

3. I will also do the B-sides, so when an album title is mentioned in the subject, this should be interpreted as the "era of that album", not only the album songs themselves.

4. Every poll will run for one week.

5. Only studio tracks.

Last but not least: Thanks a lot in advance for your contribution!  :ok:

*In case of a tie, a tiebreak will be done to select one song for the final.

Both my favourites on this one are found late on the album: Davey has a very nice solo in Judas Be My Guide, and the title track has one of the best Gers/Murray combinations in the Maiden catalogue.Janick slows down a bit compared to his often wild and undisciplined solo style, and it works very well - just like a couple of other great solos he's done (Blood Brothers and The Legacy). When this is followed by a classic Murray moment, a solo so fluid it sounds like the tones are just pouring from the guitar, we have a winner.

Sorry for not voting in the NPFTD round, I forgot about it ...

No prob, good to see you back!

What do you think about Dave's incredibly melodic solo in Weekend Warrior?
I'll probably vote for this track, but I am still pondering on the 2nd one. Man, this is hard.

I like that one as well, it's among the better ones on the album for sure! I think the fact that I like the other two songs more than WW tipped the scale in their favour, and the rhythm behind the WW solo isn't that great in my ears.

Eddies Wingman said:
I think the fact that I like the other two songs more

Hey that's another poll mate. ;)   But the solos in Judas and FOTD are very strong indeed. But there's more. E.g. From Here To Eternity or ATSS. Aggressive but butt-lifting solos. And there's Childhood's End and The Fugitive,
I can't make up my mind.

Oh man, this is hard.
I think that solo-wise, this is one of the best albums ever. I'll think about it and then vote.

Re: Which song(s) contain(s) your favourite guitar solo(s) on: 9. Fear Of The Da

After re-listening, my vote goes to Afraid To Shoot Strangers and Chains Of Misery

Childhood's End
Chains Of Misery

Again, an album with incredible solos in every song. Even on b-sides, like I Can't See My Feelings. :wub:

Keep forgetting to vote on this thread...  :innocent:

Hum...

AFTSS
FOD

Just listened to the whole album and I must say that I totally agree with the Wingman:

Eddies Wingman said:
the title track has one of the best Gers/Murray combinations in the Maiden catalogue.Janick slows down a bit compared to his often wild and undisciplined solo style, and it works very well

Indeed.

Further, I have to confess that both The Fugitive and Childhood's End contain some really bright solos as well. Because I like Jan's solo in WW not as much as his work in these two songs I'll not vote for WW. I hadn't expected that before playing this album.

Now the decision: I decided to vote for FOTD and *tosses a coin* The Fugitive.

Back