Which song(s) contain(s) your favourite guitar solo(s) on: 7. SSOASS

Vote for the song(s) with your favourite guitar solo(s)!

• Charlot The Harlot '88

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Bart Blues

• Massacre

• Moonchild

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Infinite Dreams

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • The Evil That Men Do

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • The Prophecy

• The Clairvoyant

• Only The Good Die Young

• Prowler '88

• Charlot The Harlot '88

• Total voters

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Up next: Part 7!

Winner of the Somewhere In Time-era: Stranger In A Strange Land. A close call with Caught Somewhere In Time! This song will go to the final.

Finalists:
1. Phantom of the Opera
2. Prodigal Son
3. The Number of the Beast
4. The Trooper
5. Powerslave
6. Stranger In A Strange Land

Next era: Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son!

In case you guys want to know what's going on here, please check the opening post of this topic for more details.

Yeah, Infinite Dreams and SSoaSS.

Especially SSoaSS - the whole instrumental section but those guitar solos :wub: :wub:

Seventh son features one of their three major epic instrumental sections, and in my opinion, the best one, the longest one, the most sophisticated, aggressive and powerful. Not to mention that solos are great in composition & execution, as always  :)

My second vote goes to Only The Good Die Young. Although Dave's solo is just a song-ending shredding standard stuff, Adrian delivers some of his finest chops. The theme, and key switch under his solo really fits the song's story, and his melodies lead the way...

Two close contenders were Moonchild and The Evil That Men Do. Both are excellent in their own right, but they somehow fail to take the spotlight from OTGDY, at least in my ears.

Regarding others, i never liked The Prophecy, and i don't dig it's chord sequence either. Dave's solo is good, but i just don't dig that song overall. Clairvoyant's solo is too happy-sounding and has no "twists", hence nothing special. It doesn't present the highlight of the song and i like when solos do that. Infinite Dreams, although musically perfect and overall one of their best musical performances in terms of composition, has solos that are too short and somewhat simple...they fit the part, and they fit the song, and it's all on the right spot, but individually they don't match with my choices.

Good...GK has just posted and OTGDY takes another vote  ;)
Let's say that things go as they're now, and SSOASS wins this round, it's by far my favourite solo between current round winners.

Can I Play With Madness IMHO has no solos, that thing from Adrian is an ordinary lick. It maybe effective and it fits the song...but no thanks.

The two songs in the middle get my votes. The Evil That Men Do and SSOASS.

Generally I don't think the solos on this album stand out as much as on SIT (not to mention POM and Powerslave). There are some good, even great, solos on this album as well, but they are not what make the magic of the album. They flow well with the songs, but it's the mix of drama, creative compositions, intriguing lyrics and plain catchiness that makes the album my favourite. I have previously stated that my favourite album when it comes to guitar solos is Piece of Mind, and I stand by that.

Still, I love the solos on this album as well. Along with the rest of it.

Back