which Maiden song that hasn't been played live yet would you like a live version of?

I listen to Virtual XI every day. I just had it playing loud 10 minutes ago while I tidied up. I try to imagine Bruce singing The Angel And The Gambler in my head and I can't. That's the main reason I want to hear him do it. Plus the looks on the faces in the crowd would probably be quite amusing.

Blaze does a version of it in his live set which is pretty good. More like a status Quo style boogie

TAATG could be the ultimate career closer. Imagine Bruce, Blaze, Paul, Dennis, and some other members of Maiden’s past coming onstage for that song. The repetition would work if all the singers (including Adrian) got a turn.

The play classics crowd would have a heart attack seeing their favourite band sign off like that. It would be beautiful.

Last edited:
TAATG could be the ultimate career closer. Imagine Bruce, Blaze, Paul, Dennis, and some other members of Maiden’s past coming onstage for that song. The repetition would work if all the singers (including Adrian) got a turn.
This would be fucking horrible finish, seriously. It's not even remotely a good enough of a song to even get that kind of recognition, let alone being enough of a landmark for their career to serve as an appropriate finale. There's no saving that fucking song, let it rest in merciful irrelevance.

1. Alexander The Great (duh)
  2. Run Silent Run Deep (for a war-obsessed band they don't have NEARLY enough naval-themed songs)
  3. Montsegur (baffled as to why this one didn't make the cut in '03 but somehow No More Lies did)
  4. Only The Good Die Young (would have been a great main set closer before FOTD on the ME tour)
  5. Back In The Village (that intro guitar riff alone... come onnnn)
  6. Chains of Misery (great singalong chorus, incredible solos... one of the few good tracks on FOTD)
  7. Judas Be My Guide (see above)
  8. Prodigal Son (Maiden doesn't do many ballads, but when they do they're amazing and deserve to be played)
  9. Como Estais Amigos (see above)

This would be fucking horrible finish, seriously. It's not even remotely a good enough of a song to even get that kind of recognition, let alone being enough of a landmark for their career to serve as an appropriate finale. There's no saving that fucking song, let it rest in merciful irrelevance.
IDRYO

1. Deja-Vu
2. Judas Be my Guide
3. The Duellists
4. Only the Good Die Young
5. Prodigal Son
6. Nomad

+ The Parchment: I am sure they're not going to play it. I just know it. Even though it's their best track since 7th Son.

I'd love to see Alexander the Great too of course. But not as much as the above mentioned tracks. And I'm (half) Greek! :-D

Shadows of the Valley
Montsegur
Nomad
Starblind
Face in the Sand
Childhood's End
Empire of the Clouds

Back