Which Maiden album features the best Janick Gers songwriting contributions?

Which Maiden album features the best Janick Gers contributions?

• Fear of the Dark

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The X Factor

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Virtual XI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brave New World

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Dance of Death

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • A Matter of Life and Death

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • The Final Frontier

• Book of Souls

• Senjutsu

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
Very hard to choose, really. His contributions are, usually, very solid but there's a lot of variance between the role they play on their representative records. E.g on Dance of Death there's Montsegur & Dance of Death which are one hell of a duo and kind of a album centerpieces. A Matter of Life and Death, The Final Frontier and The Book of Souls also got one very significant "Janick song" that can be considered as album centerpieces.

On Fear of the Dark you get Be Quick or be Dead and Wasting Love that are part of the album's backbone, but he also co-wrote some of the weaker tracks on that album...

The X-Factor and Brave New World have probably the best quantity & quality ratio when it comes to Janick's contribution! On The X-Factor he's significantly upfront, holding the torch high after two major songwriter contributors have left the band within five years or so. So in that sense, his significance might be biggest on that particular record.

On Brave New World he delivers Ghost of the Navigator and Out of the Silent Planet, which I love. The Mercenary is... alright and while Dream of Mirrors has never been among my biggest favourites, I like it a lot too so...

For reference to anyone who would like it, here are his contributions:

Fear of the Dark
Be Quick or Be Dead
Fear is the Key
Wasting Love
The Apparition
Weekend Warrior

The X Factor
Lord of the Flies
Man of the Edge
Look for the Truth
The Aftermath
The Edge of Darkness
2 A.M.
The Unbeliever

Virtual XI
Como Estais Amigos

Brave New World
Ghost of the Navigator
The Mercenary
Dream of Mirrors
Out of the Silent Planet

Dance of Death
Montségur
Dance of Death
Gates of Tomorrow

A Matter of Life and Death
The Pilgrim
The Legacy

The Final Frontier
The Alchemist
The Talisman

The Book of Souls
The Book of Souls
Shadows of the Valley

Senjutsu
Stratego
The Time Machine

I will vote for Senjutsu, since I think that both of the songs are S tier songs in its respective album.

Back