Which live album best represents Iron Maiden

I don't mind the tempo was high in the 80's and 90's, I actually like that. But Bruce's vocals in the 80's were very hit and miss (bar Hammersmith and that one came too early - too much of that early days Di'Anno stuff, which is cool, I guess, but not what I look for in Maiden nor really representative of the band, since '05 at least).

[ARLDO] - I know these albums aren't loved much, mostly because of Bruce's rough voice (I didn't have a big problem with it myself) but also probably because Adrian is not on it.

That's why I think they do not represent Maiden in the best way possible (which this thread is about), otherwise I really like both too, myself. I still might prefer Donnington, though.

My personal favourite is En Vivo, though that one also isn't that representative. So let's put it this way

A Real Live One (& A Real Dead One) & Live at Donnington 1992 Rock in Rio was the Maiden live sound I grew up with. I had just got into them ~'92 '03 & these were this was the first live albums I bought we had at home (I'm not even sure if I'd even never heard of Live After Death at the time); and while I appreciate the quality of newer older live releases like RiR ARL/DO and Donnington (I literally never listen to Death on the Road LAD), these this 90's 00's release are is the quintessential Maiden live sound for me. ... I get all nostalgic every time I listen to it...

Also, it does represent Maiden pretty well, methinks (especially now, with the reunion era), so it'd get my vote if we had a poll.

The Wasted Years song that was cut from that album and later released as a b-side (on Wasting Love singe I think?!) is perhaps the most sloppy I've heard them...

The intro riff. :facepalm: :D

Musically better why? Because of the 3rd guitar?

Well, I was thinking more in terms of the songs not being played at too high a tempo (and obviously Bruce's voice being in much better shape), but the extra guitar does flesh out some of the instrumental bits very nicely. Tbh I also think Flight 666 has a more well-rounded tracklist (even if it does come at the expense of some juicy deep cuts).

Well, I was thinking more in terms of the songs not being played at too high a tempo (and obviously Bruce's voice being in much better shape), but the extra guitar does flesh out some of the instrumental bits very nicely. Tbh I also think Flight 666 has a more well-rounded tracklist (even if it does come at the expense of some juicy deep cuts).

I love Floght 666, too. The only knock against it compared to Live after Death is the exclusion of Flight of Icarus, and maybe Janick taking Adrian’s solo on Revelations. The 2008-2009 SBiT tours were Maiden’s best ever, in my opinion. I think I saw 4 or 5 shows on that tour. Pure ecstasy to hear Rime live.

As for the DVD, I think En Vivo! is great. Love the camera work and how they cut it. Highlight: "The Talisman". Just audio, Death on the Road is my favourite. Highlight: Guitar tone & "Lord of the Flies".

As for most “representative of Maiden” I’d probably say Legacy of the Beast. Material from all three singers as well as post-reunion material as well as cuts from the 80s albums. It’s not my favorite live album, but I think it best represents who Maiden are today.

Back