Which is better: "old" Maiden or "new" Maiden?

Do you prefer Iron Maiden's older song or their newer songs?

• Older songs

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Newer songs

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Stuff in the middle

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • All of the above

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters
LooseCannon said:
Considering that the Maiden that never was is Steve Harris, Dennis Wilcock, Doug Sampson, etc...and the Maiden that never will be is Butler, Dio, Bonham, Hendrix, May and let's just say Adrian Smith...

That was the Maiden that never was, and the Maiden that never will be. But can you also come up with a Maiden that should not be?

Maiden that should not be:

Lars Ulrich, Lauren Harris, John Petrucci.

And this fellow
amd_huck.jpg

[thousand_suns mode]

Forostar, I think you may be right, to me at least. Albums before No Prayer for the Dying is indeed old Iron Maiden.

Also, to me, Iron Maiden is best after Blaze Bayley went off. It is not to be talking about. Maybe noone can imitate Dickinsons voice in "Lord of the Light", including myself.

[/thousand_suns mode]  

Oh, now to my opinion: Whether I prefer "old" (whatever that is) or "new" Iron Maiden depends on my mood. There.  :p

SinisterMinisterX said:
A hundred is a lot. Why not try the same idea, but with 10 songs?

Which explains why the site linked above hasn't been updated in something like a year and a half...

Great plug SMX!  You have not plugged it in quite a while.  And yeah I've stopped adding my Top 10 because they change.  If I make a commitment it puts too much pressure on the select songs to perform like a top 10 song every time.  :)
Wasted155 said:
Oh, I thought pre-TNOTB was 'ancient' TNOTB-NPFTD was 'old', FOTD-VXI was 'new', and BNW-AMOLAD was 'futureal'.

LOL on *that* one.
Yax said:
[thousand_suns mode]

Forostar, I think you may be right, to me at least. Albums before No Prayer for the Dying is indeed old Iron Maiden.

Also, to me, Iron Maiden is best after Blaze Bayley went off. It is not to be talking about. Maybe noone can imitate Dickinsons voice in "Lord of the Light", including myself.

[/thousand_suns mode] 

Oh, now to my opinion: Whether I prefer "old" (whatever that is) or "new" Iron Maiden depends on my mood. There.  :p

We need more imitations such as this on polls such as this, I agree with myself on this one Yax.  You are right too Yax for agreeing with me, don't you think.  Do you think I'm right on that?  I so agree with your mood myself today.

Re: maiden old stuff maidens new stuff?

DeadlySinner said:
You should make an option for all the stuff in the middle as well! You know, the stuff like between trooper and BNW.

Great poll, btw!

Done thanks by the way :ok:

It is interesting to see how different people define "old" or "new" Maiden, I'll give him that.  -_-

Yax said:
Come on Per, be nice to ilovemaiden. He's new.   :)
Though he's confused the hell out of me by having the same avatar as Invader.

I actually did think it was Invader for a moment there.  That was a true WTF moment.

old stuff. I totally accept that wise definition for 1993 as point zero

the songs were more straightforward, more inspired, same thing for the lyrics -and let's not forget Eddies
and artwork that was so much better

Nevertheless, the Brave New World era (that's after 1999) it's perhaps the most solid ever
apart the 1982-84 one
with many future classic songs -Brave New World, Paschendale, Thousand Suns, Legacy only to mention  some

but, during the Brave New World era there is a lack of short powerfull songs, and the formula slow intro /outro
has been vastly diffused
-in fact my best short songs after 1993, belong to Blaze era and are : Man on the Edge & Futureal

What?  I did not write that shit!

Hey!  A mod has edited my post!

Wait, when did I even reply here?

Why the fuck has my user rating dropped to -1?  And my post count is not 9!

And the mods have even changed my nick!  WTF?

Oh... [Facepalm]

That was approximately my reaction to seeing a post by ilovemaiden with my avatar at the top of my page. :innocent:

Back