Which album best represents Maiden as a whole?

hmmm.... AMOLAD actually.

I just feel it has something from almost every era except maybe the Dianno era. It just sounds like the summation of the Bruce and Blaze eras.

Couldn't bring myself to pick any of the 80s albums because so much has happened to their sound since then, especially from TXF onward when their songwriting range jumped ahead long way in a single bound. So it would have to be an album that captures the more complex soundscapes, and I personally rate AMOLAD over BOS, so I;ll go with the former.

hmmm.... AMOLAD actually.

I just feel it has something from almost every era except maybe the Dianno era. It just sounds like the summation of the Bruce and Blaze eras.

Couldn't bring myself to pick any of the 80s albums because so much has happened to their sound since then, especially from TXF onward when their songwriting range jumped ahead long way in a single bound. So it would have to be an album that captures the more complex soundscapes, and I personally rate AMOLAD over BOS, so I;ll go with the former.
I understand your point, but don't you think AMOLAD has an overall darker vibe that is not exactly present in the majority of the band's albums?

Back