where to find new metal songs

A

Anonymous

yo.. If people know of sights to stream songs or have any suggestions on sick songs from small or indie bands post them up and share the wealth.

I'm sorry, but many people on this forum speak a language called English.  Allow me to act as translator...

"Hi.  If people know of [web]sites to stream songs from or have any suggestions on sick songs from small or indie bands, please post them up and share the wealth."

If you want a good selection of songs, I suggest you try a band's Metal Archives listing, then go on to their MySpace (if they have one), from the list of websites below the discography.

thanks Raven for the translation. I know I can go onto band websites and find music but I want to know what people suggest and maybe find something I never would have thought to listen to before. For instance..  as daylight dies is my fav. KSE album and my friend just showed my this web sight where the band posted some songs to stream and this song Holy driver is on it which is sweet, but i had no idea it was on that album. the site is http://haystack.com/killswitchengage and you can stream a bunch of stuff from other bands

metacore said:
thanks Raven for the translation. I know I can go onto band websites and find music but I want to know what people suggest and maybe find something I never would have thought to listen to before. For instance..  as daylight dies is my fav. KSE album and my friend just showed my this web sight where the band posted some songs to stream and this song Holy driver is on it which is sweet, but i had no idea it was on that album. the site is http://haystack.com/killswitchengage and you can stream a bunch of stuff from other bands

Holy Diver is a cover of the Dio song, and I can only presume it was a bonus track of some sort.

As to suggestions, what kind of metal would you like? 

I was watching Download with SMX when they covered Holy Diver and I'm pretty sure I died a little inside.

You could look for the cd review thread for people's recommendations on classic, new and not so new cds (in the General Discussion forum)... it's one source. The commentary also has a "other great bands" and "new bands" pages you could check out.

metacore said:
yo.. If people know of sights to stream songs or have any suggestions on sick songs from small or indie bands post them up and share the wealth.

You could try and do some exploring yourself instead of having everything laid out for you. Call me antiquated, but isn't this half the fun of discovering new music in the first place? Maybe the MySpace/intrawebs generation has no lust for a bit of adventuring. Meh, Devourment, LOL!

I noticed a mention of Killswitch Engages's Holy Diver cover, watch and weep.

WARNING: May cause your cat to hate you and cause severe earwax infestation.

It's been a while since I heard the original version, but I definitely don't remember it having a breakXdown.

Powergirl81 said:
I'm sorry, but I got a bit confused...what?  :blink: :blush:

-Killswitch Engage played at the Download Festival, earlier this year (the one Maiden headlined?)

-They covered Dio's HOLY DIVER

-They butchered HOLY DIVER

-Dio attempted to kill them, but was so angry he forgot his box and so just punctured their testicles.

Black Dragon said:

Goodness gracious! There is no god. :(

Anyway, metacore, it would be helpful to us if you gave us a few hints as to what you would like to hear, and what you know. Given that you obviously don't know Dio, and only recently discovered Killswitch Engage (not exactly the smallest indie band either), it's safe to assume that you don't know very many heavy metal bands. I'd love to give you a few recommendations, but to that end, it would be great to know what kind of music you are looking for- Heavy (Iron Maiden, Judas Priest)? Thrash (Metallica, Megadeth)? Power (Helloween, Blind Guardian)? Death (In Flames, Testament)? Black (Dissection, Venom)?

And one tiny little further request... what you are referring to is properly spelled "site", not "sight". "Sight" is something completely different.

LooseCannon said:
I was watching Download with SMX when they covered Holy Diver and I'm pretty sure I died a little inside.

Was that Killswitch Engage? I didn't know what band it was. Or if I knew then, I've since forgotten.

At any rate ... Dear H, it was awful.

Edit, a moment later:
Maybe I should give a clearer impression of the course of events.

1. I hear them play the opening riff from "Holy Diver".

2. My brain thinks, "That sounds like the riff from Holy Diver".

3. I consider the possibilities:
3a. I'm utterly confused; that can't really be Holy Diver.
3b. Maybe they're just playing the riff once, a musical quote, a sort of "shout out" to Dio. That's OK, I guess.
3c. Please, please, please don't let them be making a sacrilege out of that song.

4. I hear someone sing "Holy diver, you've been down too long in the midnight sea". (Or whatever that first line is - I know it's something like that.)

5. I scream at my computer. It sounded something like Charlie Brown's scream from the old Peanuts cartoons: "AAAAUUUUUUGGHHHH!"

6. LC and I commence discussion about what a pile of crap it is, and how long until Iron Maiden finally takes the stage.

This moment-by-moment narration of my thoughts has been brought to you by Head On. Apply directly to the forehead. Head On. Apply directly to the forehead. Head On. Apply directly to the forehead.

SinisterMinisterX said:
This moment-by-moment narration of my thoughts has been brought to you by Head On. Apply directly to the forehead. Head On. Apply directly to the ...

"head on apply directly to the forehead," Headon, your commercials suck! But your product is AMAZING!

SinisterMinisterX said:
Was that Killswitch Engage? I didn't know what band it was. Or if I knew then, I've since forgotten.

At any rate ... Dear H, it was awful.

Edit, a moment later:
Maybe I should give a clearer impression of the course of events.

1. I hear them play the opening riff from "Holy Diver".

2. My brain thinks, "That sounds like the riff from Holy Diver".

3. I consider the possibilities:
3a. I'm utterly confused; that can't really be Holy Diver.
3b. Maybe they're just playing the riff once, a musical quote, a sort of "shout out" to Dio. That's OK, I guess.
3c. Please, please, please don't let them be making a sacrilege out of that song.

4. I hear someone sing "Holy diver, you've been down too long in the midnight sea". (Or whatever that first line is - I know it's something like that.)

5. I scream at my computer. It sounded something like Charlie Brown's scream from the old Peanuts cartoons: "AAAAUUUUUUGGHHHH!"

6. LC and I commence discussion about what a pile of crap it is, and how long until Iron Maiden finally takes the stage.

This moment-by-moment narration of my thoughts has been brought to you by Head On. Apply directly to the forehead. Head On. Apply directly to the forehead. Head On. Apply directly to the forehead.

And don't forget encouraging female nudity.

Natalie said:
Indeed. For once I agree with you Onhell. :p

Wait what? Has hell frozen over? You mean you won't sneak up behind me and pistol whip me, or deck me with a frying pan? My God.... Armageddon has begun!!!

Back