What would you like on the next Maiden album?

[!--QuoteBegin-DaringEagle810+Oct 7 2004, 01:17 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(DaringEagle810 @ Oct 7 2004, 01:17 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]1) Leave Metallica alone.
[snapback]88447[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Gees, you and silver wing should start the "can't handle the truth" club and have Jack Nicholson as your spokesman [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I've got 8 words for ya:Number of the Beast,Piece of Mind,Powerslave.
Bring back classic Maiden! 'Nuff said

[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+Oct 7 2004, 07:19 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Oct 7 2004, 07:19 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Gees, you and silver wing should start the "can't handle the truth" club and have Jack Nicholson as your spokesman [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]88531[/snapback]​
[/quote]

[!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] ... priceless

new producer, proper mastering, bruce handling the vocal melodies and lyrics, no steve interferance with production...

[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+Oct 10 2004, 06:58 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Oct 10 2004, 06:58 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]That would make a double album as a cd can only hold 80min of music....
[snapback]88705[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Yeah,I agree with where_eddie_dares.That'd be cool! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+Oct 10 2004, 06:58 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Oct 10 2004, 06:58 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]That would make a double album as a cd can only hold 80min of music....
[snapback]88705[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Well, double album it is then. Although, a DVDA would hold that amount of music on 1 disc.

[!--QuoteBegin-gor+Oct 9 2004, 05:06 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(gor @ Oct 9 2004, 05:06 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]new producer, proper mastering, bruce handling the vocal melodies and lyrics, no steve interferance with production...
[snapback]88687[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Regarding the producer and mastering: I saw Maiden live just a couple weeks before DoD came out, so their live sound was very fresh in my memory. I don't mean the live sound that has appeared on live albums - I mean the live sound as I heard it at the show. And to my ears, the sound on DoD was the closest re-creation of that live sound I've ever heard on a Maiden studio album. So I like the producer and mastering and maybe even Steve's "interference" with the production.

But I wholeheartedly agree about giving Bruce more control over his parts. Certainly Bruce should at least write the vocal melodies, and I like his lyrics as well. But I also like Steve's lyrics, so here's a compromise: in those cases where Steve writes a song, perhaps he should bring Bruce into the writing process earlier instead of just handing him a completed song, or at least be open to changes.

Now someone go tell Bruce and Steve I said that - quick, before they finish writing the new songs! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back