What surprises could Iron Maiden make in this final era.

dickinson1978

Ancient Mariner
I mean,i think in 10 years the will be retired,we have seen 3 historic tours,a few greatest hits tours,but what can they do to make us happy?

I would love to see:

-90s historic tour with the fear of the dark stage
-Somewhere in time with the stage or at least a Dvd from that era
-And for the final farewell tour i would love to see a 2 shows in a row in the same city with 2 differents setlist,but i think its really imposible that maiden would do that,even more imposible that the 2 other things.

So what would you think they could do these maybe 10 last years or less......

I'd like them to break the rule where they don't play songs from an album if they weren't played on the album's tour. It doesn't have to be an entire show of rarities, and they definitely don't have to play every unplayed song. I'm perfectly fine with Fugitive staying in the vaults. But it would be nice to see a 1-3 unplayed songs get thrown in for good measure. Especially from their recent albums, there are plenty of great songs that haven't been played because they want to make room for classics. That's fine, but there's no reason not to play those songs on a later tour.

I'd also love another Eddie's Archive type set. They should milk that Maiden cash cow for all it's worth.

-90s historic tour with the fear of the dark stage
They've already said that the history tours are finished so unfortunately we won't be getting a 90s themed tour.

I'd like to see a Live at Donington 92 DVD release, 'Fear of the Dark' dropped for a tour and the most recent History of Iron Maiden documentary re-released so we can see who is talking instead of massive pictures of Eddie hogging the screen. That's probably more likely than 'Fear of the Dark' being dropped actually.

The following list would make me extraordinarily happy.

- I would love for them to re-release Beast Over Hammersmith on DVD and CD. I love Iron Maiden but I'm not spending a 100$ for the CD on eBay.
- Releasing DVD from the Somewhere in Time era would be awesome.
- Re-release Live at Donington on DVD with History part 4.
- Make a new Album or 2.
- Play Alexander the Great and The Fugitive live.

- I would love for them to re-release Beast Over Hammersmith on DVD and CD. I love Iron Maiden but I'm not spending a 100$ for the CD on eBay.
If you keep an eye out you should be able to get it for a decent price. I spent $20 on my copy.

I'll certainly keep looking. The ones I'm seeing now are 200$ or more. Did you get yours from ebay?

Nah, Amazon. I bought all three Eddies Archive albums in a set for $60, so $20 an album. I'm looking at the individual albums on amazon too and the prices are a lot lower than on ebay.

I'd like to see a return to the adventurous spirit of tours like Ed Huntour, Early Days, and A Matter of Life and Death, instead of more of the same 16 classic "hits" played over and over again. There's been a creative spark missing in the past few years.
I thought the first leg of The Final Frontier tour had quite a bit of that with all the 2000's songs played. Like Mosh, I'd love to see them break out a few songs they have never played live or at the very least, a few more they haven't done since the 80's. They could really surprise us by doing them on a tour for the next album. Image the song Iron Maiden coming to an end and the crowd is going wild and then fog fills the stage and you hear some wind starting to howl and then you hear "my son, ask for thyself another kingdom....." or the Bladerunner theme starts up. That would be a dream come true!

Back