What song about airplane battles is your favorite?

What song about airplane battles is your favorite?

• Where Eagles Dare

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aces High

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Tailgunner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Silver Wings

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Remember Tomorrow

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
Aces High, because of three things:

- Tailgunner has a chorus which is bleak compared to Aces High
- Aces High is great on record, great live, and also part of my 2nd favourite album.
- Where Eagles Dare is not about airplane battles. All the fighting takes part on the ground, mainly inside the Bavarian fortress  :smartarse: It is a great song, though.

I don't think that Aces High's chorus is that great on the Powerslave album. I prefer the "H sound of airplane",  the backing vocals (also done in the studio ;) ), on LAD, just as the solos. So overall, the song sounds paler on record compared to a live performance.

So, my vote goes to Silver Wings. :)

Where Eagles Dare is not about airplane battles, so no vote for that one.

I really like Tailgunner, and I am not sure if I shall vote for it or not. The song is both aggressive and complex at the same time, which is a bit rare for Maiden. I like the instrumental part and don't have much problems with the beautiful vocals (and backing vocals) in the chorus. Those are the very few high vocals among the most rough deliveries of Bruce's career, so I welcome these very much actually.

Silver Wings, is a most excellent track by this forum's most beloved singer, Bruce Dickinson, from 2002.

Click

What? Silver Wings was added to this poll! :)
Cool.

*casts vote*

I gots me an email!
Where is this song from though?
Also, there's dive dive dive I think that relates to airplanes. Maybe.

Mega said:
What the hell is silver wings?

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG,  :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :bigsurprise: :bigsurprise: :bigsurprise: :bigsurprise: :bigsurprise: :scared: :scared: :wtf: :bigsurprise: OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!!!

PLEASE, don't tell me you HAVEN'T heard of it!!!

Remember Tomorrow, WTF?

Remember Tomorrow? I guess I can see how it could be interpreted to be about planes but I don't think it was intended that way.

I've been pondering that song heavily, and I can't see another way it could be interpreted. I'm halfway through a post on it. An LC post.

Well, Silver Wings is a great song. Too bad I like Dickinson too much to listen to a greatest hits album.

Back