What other bands are you guys into?

I'd probably get shot by both sides I was to tell u what I listen to outside of Maiden, but hey, I'm a big boy now and I don't feel ashamed about whatever ends up on the CD player. Among the 3000 + CD's that i own, here's just a glimpse of it:

Abba
Madness
Specials
Police
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
Depeche Mode
Inspiral Carpets
Weezer
Corey Hart (top canadian voice)
Violent Femmes
Chris Isaak
Marvin Gaye
Clash, Stranglers, Damned & 77 punk
Dexy's M.R
Pogues
Blur
Elastica
Pixies
Kate Bush
the Cars
Pat Benatar
Kim Wilde
Mylo
Dr Dre & Eminem & 50 Cent
Schubert & Beethoven
Cure (some)
Madonna (lately)
Kraftwerk
Human League
Hooters
Tribe
Whipping Boy
Blondie
Duran Duran
the Nits
R.E.M
Belle & Sebastian
Franz Ferdinand
Erasure, Pet Shop Boys, Jimmy Sommerville & all that queer pop from the 80's
the Smiths & the mighty Morrissey
and at last some things that rock
Judas Priest [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Nightwish [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Rainbow
Thin Lizzy
AC/DC
Sonata Arctica
Soilwork
old Sepultura, Anthrax, Accept
Queensryche
Rush
Slayer
Ozzy in the 80's
3 first Metallica
Rammstein [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Entombed, Dismember
Red Hot/RATM...
Bay area stuff
old Bon Jovi and some Aor songs when i'm feeling romantic
and Taxi Girl plus a few french artists no one cares about on this forum

+ tons of 80's stuff, mostly hit singles from that era that I bought 10 years after cos at the time i was too busy taping some metal songs on poor quality tapes and missed the dough for getting records.
that's all folks, at least all I can remember, here on holiday [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--] 10 000 kms away from my personal discotheque.

Iron Maiden
Yes
Cream (and just about anything featuring Clapton)
Deep Purple
Queensyrche
Black Sabbath
Bruce Dickinson
Judas Priest
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Steve Vai
Yngwie J. Malmsteen's Rising Force
Pink Floyd
Ozzy Osbourne
Megadeth

And more....

THis is what i've been listening to lately: Pnk Floyd, Natalie Imbruglia, Coldplay, Porcupine tree, Therion, etc.

After Iron Maiden, my three most favourite bands are Led Zeppelin, AC/DC and Black Sabbath.

Outside of those four bands I mostly listen to classic rock bands like Pink Floyd, The Who, Deep Purple, Hendrix, Ozzy's solo stuff, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Def Leppard, Bowie, Yes etc.

I'm not really much of a fan of new music. The few (relatively) new bands I really like are The Datsuns, System of a Down and Velvet Revolver.

[!--QuoteBegin-national acrobat+Jul 25 2005, 03:32 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(national acrobat @ Jul 25 2005, 03:32 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]After Iron Maiden, my three most favourite bands are Led Zeppelin, AC/DC and Black Sabbath.

Outside of those four bands I mostly listen to classic rock bands like Pink Floyd, The Who, Deep Purple, Hendrix, Ozzy's solo stuff, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Def Leppard, Bowie, Yes etc.

I'm not really much of a fan of new music. The few (relatively) new bands I really like are The Datsuns, System of a Down and Velvet Revolver.
[snapback]112988[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Ha! In your face 7th Son! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Alright, I think I'll list all artists I have recordings of, or at least those I can remember... in no order. I'm not going into my MP3 collection, as that would blow the threads margins.

B L A Z E
Queen
Pink Floyd
AC/DC
Black Sabbath
The Beatles
The Who
Uriah Heep
Metallica
Alcatrazz
Rainbow
Jefferson Airplane
Samson
Meat Loaf
Deep Purple
Judas Priest
The Band
Jethro Tull
Led Zeppelin
Psycho Motel
Aerosmith
Mott The Hoople
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Supertramp
Majesty
AtmOsfear
Bruce Dickinson
The Rolling Stones
Accept
Dio
The Doors
U2
Jimmy Page
Robert Plant
Brian May
The Cross
Bee Gees
Marilyn Manson
Black Crowes
Freddie Mercury
Wolfsbane
Guns 'N Roses

For certain, I forgot a lot.

Has anyone here heard a band called Orange Goblin, and if so, what do you think of them?

The call thenselves 'London's finest doom rockers', and describe their music as a cross between Black Sabbath and Pink Floyd (I know, a good combination!), but in my opinion sound a lot more like Sabbath than Floyd.

They've been around for a while, but I've still only got the one album - Thieving from the House of God - having only discovered them quite recently. Anyway, I strongly recommend this band so buy the album, download it, whatever.

Well, here they are...
Scorpions
Led Zeppelin
Deep Purple
Def Leppard
Ozzy
Black Sabbath
Eagles
Pink Floyd
Guns 'N' Roses
3 Inches of Blood
Muse
Stratovarius
System of a Down
KISS
The Rolling Stones
Joe Satriani
Steve Vai
Paul Gilbert
Green Day

And of course :
T-Rio
Back Street Boys
Britney Spears
and Christina Aguilera... [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Cheers

Iced Earth.
Judas Priest.
Dream Theater.
Dio.
Black Sabbath.
Fates Warning.
Queensryche.
Deep Purple.
Led Zeppelin.
Metallica.
Joe Satriani.
AC/DC.
Pink Floyd.
Nine Inch Nails.
Smashing Pumpkins.
Rainbow.
The Scorpions.
Yngwie Malmsteen.
Cream.
CKY.

[!--QuoteBegin-runningfree+Jul 18 2005, 10:52 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(runningfree @ Jul 18 2005, 10:52 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]besides maiden?
well theres tons but here are the ones i listen to the most:

children of bodom
in flames
bruce dickinson
warmen
sonata arctica
stratovarius
sinergy
dragonforce
dark tranquility
kalmah
helloween
ensiferum
wintersun
iced earth
opeth
megadeth
guns n' roses
black sabbath
dio
slayer
cky
HIM
rhcp
the black dahlia murder
scorpions
rush
the ramones
green day
[snapback]112447[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I love you. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

iron maiden
helloween
gamma ray
hammerfall
dream evil
slayer
nightrage
stratovarius
dream theater
vega (croatian heavy/power)
grave digger
bruce dickinson
kragens (french power/trash)
apocalyprica

maiden, obviously, i like in flames, pink floyd, sabbath, AC/DC, Metallica, led zep, deep purple, rainbow then i like stuff like the beatles, stone roses, oasis , u2, REM, chili peppers.

Iced Earth, In Flames, Blaze, Tangerine Dream, Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Silent Force, Helloween, Hammerfall, Bill Idol, Guns n' Roses, Goblin, Jobriath, Opeth, Children of Bodom, Metallica (some early stuff), Dragonforce, Arch Enemy, Marilyn Manson, The Cure (Disintegration... wow!!), Morrissey, The Smiths, Bruce Dickinson, Einsturzende Neubauten, Tristania...

there's tons of bands I like, so I'll just name the ones that I'd consider my faves:

BLAZE, Bruce Dickinson, Wolfsbane, Kreator, Rage, Anthrax, Ayreon, Savatage, Death Angel, Rush, Jethro Tull, Queensryche and of course the mighty Sack Trick!

one "band" I recently got into is Tribuzy: I advise everyone who loves quality Metal music out there to go and buy that album.
Not only because it features Bruce on one track. It's full of really good songs, from start to finish. Get it!

Can't be bothered to post any sort of comprehensive list but lately I've mainly been listening to Pink Floyd, Frank Zappa, Bruce Dickinson, Rush, Blaze, Carcass, Tangerine Dream, Blind Guardian, Dark Tranquillity and Sack Trick.

Also checked out some Aphex Twin stuff which I found quite good.

I don't really have a ranking of my favourite bands though, it all depends on what I feel like listening to.

[!--QuoteBegin-Shadow+Aug 18 2005, 02:12 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Shadow @ Aug 18 2005, 02:12 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]...Frank Zappa...
[snapback]115786[/snapback]​
[/quote]
We know you like him, Shadow, although it doesn't really show on the board [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I try and keep myself as open minded as possible when it comes to music. I've spent literally thousands buying obscure LPs, CDs and tapes. I've listed some of the people I've been listening to the last couple of weeks or so.

Aphex Twin
Austin M
Beatles
Black Sabbath
Blaze
Bob Marley
Bonzo Dog Band
Brian Eno
Bruce Dickinson
Can
Carcass
CassetteBoy
Ceephax Acid Crew
Coldcut
Damned
DJ Hype
DJ Rubbish
DJ Scotch Egg
DJ Shadow
Dreadzone
Easy Side All Stars
Gavin Bryars
Goldie
Iron Maiden
Jimi Hendrix
Kraftwerk
Linton ‘Kwesi’ Johnson
Madness
Merzbow
Metallica (before 1991)
Mum
Napalm Death
Nine Inch Nails
Pink Floyd
Prodigy
Queen
Rolling Stones
Roots Manuva
Sack Trick
Shitmat
Soft Cell
Squarepusher
Stockhausen
System Of A Down
Tangerine Dream
Tool
Twin Zero
Venetian Snares
Wendy Carlos
Wolfsbane

[!--QuoteBegin-The Ancient Mariner+Aug 20 2005, 11:55 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Ancient Mariner @ Aug 20 2005, 11:55 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]DJ Hype
DJ Rubbish
DJ Scotch Egg
DJ Shadow
[snapback]115978[/snapback]​
[/quote]
[!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back