What is the Rarest Song you've seen Iron Maiden perform live?

Dentura

Invader
I remember seeing something about how "The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner" was only played once on the Somewhere in Time Tour in Belgrade on September 10, 1986 and that had me thinking if anyone on here has witnessed a song performed live that doesn't get played live all that often or what is the song you've seen that has been played live the least amount of times? For me, that would be Tears Of A Clown, which has been played live 72 times according to this website: Iron Maiden Songs Played Total.

I remember seeing something about how "The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner" was only played once on the Somewhere in Time Tour in Belgrade on September 10, 1986 and that had me thinking if anyone on here has witnessed a song performed live that doesn't get played live all that often or what is the song you've seen that has been played live the least amount of times? For me, that would be Tears Of A Clown, which has been played live 72 times according to this website: Iron Maiden Songs Played Total.
The Great Unknown for me - only played 45 times!

"Wildest Dreams", "Lord Of The Flies", "Paschendale", "No More Lies", "Rainmaker", "Journeyman", "Where Eagles Dare", "Murders In The Rue Morgue", "Phantom Of The Opera", "Die With Your Boots On", "Running Free", "Drifter", "Sanctuary", "The Clairvoyant", "Revelations"...

Rare is not just the amount, but also how long ago, imo.

1992:
Tailgunner, Be Quick or Be Dead*, From Here to Eternity*, Wasting Love*.
* also played in 1993 (I only went in 1992)

1995:
Fortunes of War**, The Edge of Darkness**, The Aftermath**, Blood on the World's Hands**.
** also played in 1996 (I only went in 1995)

1998:
Lightning Strikes Twice, The Angel and the Gambler, The Educated Fool, When Two Worlds Collide.

1999:
Killers

Last edited:
Rare is not just the amount, but also how long ago, imo.

Tailgunner

Be Quick or Be Dead, From Here to Eternity, Wasting Love.

Fortunes of War, Edge of Darkness, The Aftermath, Blood on the World's Hands.

Lightning Strikes Twice, The Angel and the Gambler, The Educated Fool, When Two Worlds Collide.
I agree, if it's been a long time since they played a song that counts as rare also in my opinion

I agree, if it's been a long time since they played a song that counts as rare also in my opinion

I've been to ever tour since 1993 except the Virtual XI, and on every tour there has been at least 1 song that I got to hear for the first time. Granted a lot of them were new album tours, but a lot were not.

I guess that the only relatively rare song I've ever see them perform was Afraid to Shoot Strangers and that was both relatively recently and it has been played more times than some of the other songs mentioned here, so it's no big deal.

Also saw half of AMOLAD live back in 2007; again, only relatively rare, but still the rarest I can offer.

My first tour was the Earl Days tour. I would count the following as rare in the 20th Century.
  • Murders on the Rue Morgue
  • Another Life
  • Prowler
  • Remember Tomorrow
  • Die With Your Boots On
  • Drifter
Well, I heard these on the album tours. I can't remember if they played Remember Tomorrow when I saw them with Paul, though...

Back