What is the Rarest Song you've seen Iron Maiden perform live?

I guess it's Futureal, Man on the Edge and Lord of the Flies in 99 and 2003.

Also, 104! fucking songs played 44 times or more, shows that the moans about Maiden's set lists are total bollocks.
Well, out of those 104, the 10 most played songs were played 15511 times together, while all the rest amount to 21196 plays. That's just 36% more plays for a 840% larger song pool.

For me I guess the rarest song would be out of the silent planet. As far as I’m aware it was only ever played twice at the Shepherd’s Bush empire gigs in jan 2001 and then two more times at gigs in Argentina and Mexico a few days later, then it was dropped before rock in Rio and has never been played since.

So a grand of 4 times played and I was at one of the Shepherd’s Bush empire gigs.

For me I guess the rarest song would be out of the silent planet. As far as I’m aware it was only ever played twice at the Shepherd’s Bush empire gigs in jan 2001 and then two more times at gigs in Argentina and Mexico a few days later, then it was dropped before rock in Rio and has never been played since.

So a grand of 4 times played and I was at one of the Shepherd’s Bush empire gigs.
I’ve heard the live versions of this song and it didn’t quite click live. Maybe because it was the last song and Bruce was knackered.

I’ve heard the live versions of this song and it didn’t quite click live. Maybe because it was the last song and Bruce was knackered.
Maybe they dropped it as, like you say it didn’t quite click live and was placed wrongly at the end of the set.

I always thought they only intended playing it for these gigs as a special one off anyway. If memory serves correctly the Shepherd’s Bush gigs were fan club only gigs and you could only get tickets through the fan club at the time. I mean Shepherd’s Bush empire is way way too small for a band like maiden, it would even have been too small for them during the blaze years let alone a band who were now back to headlining massive arenas and had only just played Earl’s Court!

The other two gigs I’m not sure about but suspect they may have been fan club gigs too and just a couple of warm ups for Rock in Rio.

That’s why I think they added the song as a special limited edition type thing and had no intention of adding it back to the set anyway after these 4 gigs.

Back