What is the problem with the world?

Completely agreee! Education is step one. Public education needs to be improved, less money to national defense and more to education, which should go to better installations, better wages for teachers which hopefully will mean better teachers in general... you shouldn't wait until college to get quality education. ahh 600th post... feels good hehe)

Well, if we would want an educated people, the funds for educational revolution should be under-cover and started with a generation before the actuall revolution. That way, the people will understand the necesary good and would probably support it. Plus, we need to start it from a well-developed country. I'm thinking Japan, or the EU.

So, third order of business:rasing educational levels before the actuall revolution.

This is sooo cool [!--emo&:homer:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/homer[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'homer[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Hahaha, hell yea. See, it is totally possible. With good planning, and follow-through this isnt as crazy as it sounds. And yes, if we tried to introduce these ideas to the people now, they would completely dismiss it. That is why it would take a long time, but if we start the movement now, all the better. Wow, I love things like this. Im so proud of myself for starting this [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ( excuse my ego, its totally inflated )

I am grateful to you guys for helping me, this wouldnt be possible without you. thanx.

Well the best way to impliment it without a violent revolt is to use the system we have right now (be active in local, state and federal legislation by suggesting and voting on different props.) An idea I've had for a while on how to "educate" people further is the following:
In the US kids can work as soon as they turn 16 and I think that is fine, BUT they also attend school. Juniors and Seniors (grades 11 and 12) can take 4 or 5 classes if they can prove to the school that they work. I say schools shouldn't allow that, a bill should be passed saying that if you are enrolled in a highschool you MUST take 7 classes EVERY YEAR. This will do two things. The students that are serious about school will focus on their studies and those who would have probably drop out anyway will do it sooner. Creating a better learning enviornment in schools to begin with. Two, it will get rid of A LOT of teens 16-18 from the workforce opening many part-time jobs to "bums" which can get back on their feet. So 1.better learning enviornment in schools. 2. they will learn more and be better prepared for college AND the workforce 3. It opens jobs to unemployed poor people that will benefit more from a $6-$8/hour job than a teen who still lives at home (or should still live at home).

That only works in the US, or maybe some other well developed country. But here, you have to take ALL the classes (of course that we sometimes get bored and skip the last ones [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ) but we have to be at school at 8 a.m. and we must stay in school by 2 or 3 p.m. Aaand we have no 1 hour lunch-break. So, you should try that in the US, but here, it's just a matter of more money to the education system, so that wages for teachers would be higher, thus better teacher, thus (in theory) a better educated people. But another problem here is the rural area, where people prefer to keep their children by the house to help them with the daily things they do, instead of sending them to school. Threre should be something done about that.

that would be next step black ace as even here in the US public education is crap. Europe (from what i've discussed with European Friends) have much higher educational standards and they alredy do what I explained above. In Germany after Highschool (or even before i don't remember) Students already decide if they are going to a University (which is VERY, difficult to do) or a "vocational" college. Here in the US we make the mistake of telling people they HAVE TO go to University which total crap, it's like telling people they should all become lawyers... the reality is we all have our strenghts and weaknesses and we should recognize them and learn how to use them. In General more money should go to education period, no matter what country.

I think we all agree that teachers should receive higher wages. But here in the US, too many people want to have lower taxes. Those people are ignorant in that they must not realize that their taxes fund the schools and the teachers. These people really ought to take their heads out of their asses and start caring more about education. But here's the dilemna in all of this: Better education leads to more educated people and more people getting better jobs, right? And taxes fund this, right? Well, if people need to be better educated to get better jobs and therefore a higher salary, and they must pay higher taxes taxes in order for this to work, people will naturally not want taxes to raise. I say the wealthy should have a substantial increase in taxes while the poor are paying the same amount.

This is becoming more complicated than I had originally hoped. [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Why do you think taxes are always a hot topic during elections? Everybody wants social services and "free" stuff but don't want to put the effort into actually making those services come true. Everybody wants lower taxes and then complain about crappy roads, education, public restrooms, water crappy waterfountains ect. It's almost like they think the goverment makes them pay taxes and does nothing (like in Mexico hahahaha) with the money. But it goes to MANY services. Here in Tucson the Public transportation is CRAP. you have to wait 30-45 minutes for a bus to show up at a stop, in a 40C (95-105F) plus weather. But nobody wants to raise taxes to improve the service, EVEN THE PEOPLE WHO USE IT DAILY!

Well, a thing about teachers here in the US is that more and more are just doing the job to get summers off. They dont actually "care" about the students. They get the job because they dont want to work all year like everyone else (and then have the nerv to complain about shitty salaries [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ). This wouldnt be a big deal if their job wasnt to mold the next generation into a good, beneficial, functioning part of society. Its ridiculous, I have even had a teacher admittedly tell me that she really didnt like kids, but she didnt want to have a year-round job! So right after the education system gets more funds, they need to screen better for teachers. Just because you have been through enough schooling doesnt mean you are right for the job. Teachers are some of the largest influences in kids lives, these people cant be casually selected.

So, I see that all we have managed so far is start a cotrnoversy about taxes and teachers. We need more to change the social order....MORE

Sorry to say that no, not yet. It'llpprobably be another two weeks till my bro buys a new computer so I can get my old one back. But I'll be back. Not to much, because the 8th grade is about a 100 times more demanding than the 7th, and I'm in a period when we have tests that count to a quarter of the average grade at that subject and it blows. I have litle time for meself and my grades are kinda going down the hill becauser I just can't or just don't want to pay attention in class. Anyway, I've been thinking. Maybe all the world needs is just better educated people. I mean, the representatives of a well educated people couldn't be other than well educated. And if a man is well educated and taught from early chilhood not to be corrupt, than he would do a good job in the Parlament (or the Congress or whatever the country has) or other powers in the state. Maybe, just maybe, all we need to do is increase education.

[!--QuoteBegin-Black Ace+Nov 23 2004, 02:36 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Black Ace @ Nov 23 2004, 02:36 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Sorry to say that no, not yet. It'llpprobably be another two weeks till my bro buys a new computer so I can get my old one back. But I'll be back.
[snapback]92169[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I just got a new computer. I could sell my old one to you. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

But actually, I somewhat disagree with you that eduction is virtually our only concern. Even if everyone is educated, we would still need a better government. Politicians are (usually) very much educated but roughly 99% of them are corrupt assholes. But I guess if the common person was educated enough they'd realize this and the government would be forced to make some slight changes. Who knows? Maybe education is the primary concern. :shrugs:

You know, if an asteriod hit the earth right now, killing everyone, this would solve every problem we've been talking about. I say we pray for an asteroid, or a meteor, whatever floats your boat.

Now that you mention that I've been thinking. Man has been worried for a while about an asteriod hitting the earth and causing a mass extintion like that of the dinosaurs. Expert have said that if such a thing could happen and if it did, they had the technology (or would in the future) to detect it and destroy it. Their arguement to deter nature? "Cause we can". However, our greatest threat is not a meteor but weather changes which are speeding up with our help. We are "destroying the earth" but that doesn't worry me, because the earth is very reciliant and in fact i think it will destroy us before we destroy it. The earth will freeze over killing most (if not all) of the human race, the survivors would have to adapt and over time become more hairy hehe. So with very little humans or none at all the earth will heal like it's done in the past. Volcano activity will erase us, tides will erode us, paving the way for the new dominant species....CUCARACHAS! HAHAHAHAHA

Hehe. George Carlin (famous comedian for those of you who dont know him) says the aids virus is the earths natural way of killing humans. Like the earth said "Now, how can I get rid of these 'humans'. Lets see, oooooo! I know, Ill just make a virus that destroys their immune system! Now they wont be capable of fighting off any diseases or infections. Oh! And Ill make it really contagous! " Well, the earth did a damn good job, and it should be proud of itself. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--] In a book I recently read, it said that it's almost sure that we should expect a meteor to come in a collision course with our planet any time soon. How they came to this conclusion: each great hit with a large enough meteor to erase a species off the face of the planet every 30 million years with a give-or-take period of 9 million years. From the Kretacic/Mezozoic (if I'm not mistaking) event that happened 65 million years ago and wich erased the dinosaurs, another meteor hit the earth 39 million years ago. That means that we are at the extremity of a cycle and we should look to the sky with growing concern. This cycle is determined by the sun's (and thus, the solar systems) rotation around the center of the galaxy. In it's move around the galaxy, the sun moves in and out of the galaxy's spires. When it's in the spires, big chunk of star dust, which happens to have some comets within it are thrown in the solar system. Stare, well not at the sun, but at the sky. A death from above is waiting for us! Or from the north pole, which's ice caps are melting and the fresh water goes in the ocean and stops the north-atlantic curent, which warms up most of the northern hemisphere, thus throwing us in the next ice age. Anyways, death is upon us.

EDIT-I am mistaking about that impact-it's the Kretacic-T-something impact. I did this so that no other would correct me and make me feel even more stupid

It is.. the prophecy!... Starring Christopher Walken!

With a varying time of about a few million years, I'm sure we're going to destroy ourselves before we get destroyed. This sucks total ass though. I'd rather be fucked than fuck myself.

[!--QuoteBegin-StrangerInAStrangeLand+Dec 3 2004, 07:08 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(StrangerInAStrangeLand @ Dec 3 2004, 07:08 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]It is.. the prophecy!... Starring Christopher Walken!
[snapback]92786[/snapback]​
[/quote]
No, Frylock. Highlander was a documentary. The events happened in real time.

Back