Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Gen Y aka Millennials(1981-1996)

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • Gen Z(1997-2012)

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters

PieceofMind89

Educated Fool
I'm curious to see what generation the majority of Maiden fans are.

I'm a Millennial born in 1989.

Last edited:
I was born in January of the same year that Iron Maiden's debut came out. I think that actually makes me a "xenial" or whatever the fuck they call that.

Generations are weird. So if one person's born in 1980 and the next is born in 1981 they're different generations despite growing up in the same period? Feels like they need to be spaced out a bit more.

Anyway, I'm slightly older than The X Factor, born in March 1995.

I was born the year the “best” Iron Maiden album was released, therefore Gen Z.

Virtual XI? :innocent:

I moved this over to the General Discussion subforum since it is not an Iron Maiden related topic. If you haven't already, I encourage you to check out some of the other threads here to get to know your fellow Maidenfans a bit better!

You should obviously describe yourself as having been born the same year as The Chemical Wedding, then…
It didn’t even occur to me as I don’t listen to Bruce’s solo career often. It’s a good album, though.

Would you call the "baby boomer" (1946-64) generation as Gen W, V or U? What will be the generation that comes after Gen Z be called? Will it all restart from Gen A? Just curious!

Baby boomers are called that because the birth rate skyrocketed after WWII and by 1964 the birth rate started to decline.

The new generation is called Gen Alpha.
Oh, I see...

The early generations had the Great Depression and the World Wars, for Millenials and Gen Z its a spiritual conflict to deal with and the Alpha Generation? Possibly spiritual and technological both.

Back