What does the line "the tears of the dragon for you and for me" mean?

Travis The Dragon

AFTERGLOW!!!
I know what the song is about, but I'm not sure what that actual line means. I'm assuming it's symbolic of something to do with fear. Any thoughts on this?

As i understand it, and feel free to correct me if im wrong, in mythology, dragon tears have unparallelled healing powers, so the line refers to being healed of the hurt suffered. hope this helps.

@HallowedMark is quite right....Dragon has many such powers!!!!!!

chaosapiant said:
Charlie Sheen has tiger blood, but Bruce Dickinson has dragon blood!!!  :lol:

No, Bruce has dragon tears. Not blood. Tears. It's right there in the song title. Do try to keep up. :p

How much coke did Charlie Sheen do?
Enough to kill two and a half men.

I was looking for the same thing when I bumped into this :

H=
I heard in an interview somewhere that is was about your creativity...
B= Yeah, well, actually the song's more about, if you look at the video, the video is about this big fucking thing that I beat with a stick... And there's this general feeling of being held back by some kind of strange night of the soul in which you're seeing things but you can't break through. Its just this thing and when it comes, you gonna smash through before you can just go with the flow.
M= And the line "Tears of the dragon" just sounds like a good piece of poetry?
B= "Tears of the dragon" sounds great and dragons don't cry... For a dragon to cry something's gotta be really sad.
M= Where did you get it from? Was it something that popped in your head, or?
B= No it popped in my head... A dragon breathes fire and it's supposed to be evil but for a dragon to cry, something's gonna be really wrong, it should not be happening, you know...

http://www.bookofhours.net/bdwbn/globklar.htm

I know what the song is about, but I'm not sure what that actual line means. I'm assuming it's symbolic of something to do with fear. Any thoughts on this?

the song was based around a track that he had original written for Somewhere in Time called "pendragon's tears".

My guess was the original lyric was "the tears of pendragon" and he just changed it.

Back