What are your 5 Favorite Songs from Book of Souls?

What are your 5 Favorite Songs from Book of Souls?

• If Eternity Should Fail

• Speed of Light

• The Great Unknown

• The Red and the Black

• When the River Runs Deep

• The Book of Souls

• Death or Glory

• Shadows of the Valley

• Tears of a Clown

• The Man of Sorrows

• Empire of the Clouds

Results are only viewable after voting.
Shadows Of The Valley
Death Or Glory
Empire Of The Clouds
The Red And The Black
Speed Of Light

Empire
Book of Souls
Shadows of the Valley
If Eternity Should Fail
The Great Unknown

TBOS
EOTC
IESF
TRATB
WTRRD

Seems like most people prefer those top 4 and then pick a wild card for the fifth.

Empire - Book - Red - Eternity - Death.

Kinda like what @Jer said, the first four are pretty easy, but the last one not so much.

1) If Eternity Should Fail
2) Empire Of The Clouds
3) The Red And The Black
4) The Book Of Souls
5) Speed Of Light

Although 2-4 swap around all the time.

Title track seems to be the most favourite and it's not even in my Top 5. Great song though but not in my Top 5.

Trying to answer this question really drives home how much TBOS is a cut below the other great reunion albums. Give me any other 00s Maiden album minus Dance of Death and I’ll struggle to keep it to just 5. Here I get to 3 and then I get stuck. It’s not that the album is bad, but there are only a couple real standouts compared to a bunch of really solid if unremarkable tracks. I’ve said it before, but this album will go down much in the same way as Powerslave: a solid album made up of material that mostly stands on the shoulders of a few giants.

That said, it is an enjoyable listen and goes by fast. I also like the energy a lot.

The two obvious ones are If Eternity Should Fail and the title track. Empire of the Clouds is up there as well. After that I went with Speed of Light and Tears of a Clown, but could’ve just as easily been pretty much any of the other rockers on there.

but this album will go down much in the same way as Powerslave:
One of the all time iconic metal records that helped expand Maiden’s success both through record sales and in the live scene? I agree, and they fuckin rule. :ok:

One of the all time iconic metal records that helped expand Maiden’s success both through record sales and in the live scene? I agree, and they fuckin rule. :ok:

The Book of Souls was released and a few short years later the live music scene is dead. Thanks, Maiden.

Back