What album features your least favourite Iron Maiden song (plus read on)

What album features your least favourite Iron Maiden song (read on)

• Iron Maiden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Killers

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The Number Of The Beast

• Piece Of Mind

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Powerslave

• Somewhere In Time

• Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

• No Prayer For The Dying

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Fear Of The Dark

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • The X-Factor

• Virtual XI

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Brave New World

• Dance Of Death

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • A Matter Of Life Of Death

• Total voters

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
What album features your least favourite Iron Maiden song. Vote for that album and please mention the track. Besides this, please also mention in your post:

-Your one but least favourite song (plus album title)
-Your second but least favourite song (plus album title)

Rule: only album songs are allowed. Choose whatever album songs you like (there's no maximum of one song per album, so more songs from the same album is allowed)

The poll wll show the results, but I will count all the written answers as well to make a list.
Please contribute, thanks in advance! :)

1. Be quick or be dead (Fear of the dark)
2. Quest for fire (Piece of mind
3.Murders in the rue morgue (Killers)

1. From Here To Eternity (Fear Of The Dark; no depth in the music nor the lyrics plus annoying vocals. All in all - the cheesiest Maiden song ever)
2. The Angel And The Gambler (Virtual XI; not only repetitive, but also featuring cheesy arrangements)
3. Wildest Dreams (Dance Of Death; second but worst Maiden chorus, the first one being FHTE)

1. Wildest Dreams (Dance Of Death)
2. Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger* (Virtual XI)
3. The Angel And The Gambler (Virtual XI)

*This song has really nice atmospherical moments, but the fast part blows it for me. It turns into some kind of Muppet track. This kind of fast parts were done way better on Prowler and on Brighter Than A Thousand Suns.

1. Hooks In You (No Prayer For The Dying)
2. Weekend Warrior (Fear of the Dark)
3. Drifter (Killers)

Hooks in You really disappoints from a vocal perspective...it isn't even the out-and-out fun-filled rocker that 'Bring Your Daughter...' is.

Weekend Warrior is just too saccharine and...shallow for Maiden

Drifter, I feel, is really out of place on Killers, esp. the lyrics.  It slays live, though, so it gets relegated to third.

1. The Duellists (Powerslave)
2. The Apparition (Fear Of The Dark)
3. Gangland (The Number Of The Beast)

I guess I'm seeing ghosts but I could swear that you posted a new list in the "Your least favourite song from every album", which had some changes compared to your first post in that topic (including "Back in The Village" as least favourite song of the Powerslave album).  :huh:  'tmust have been that banned guy from Thailand.  :S

1. Bring Your Daghter... ...to the Slaughter (No Prayer for the Dying) - the vocals just ruin the song and the lyrics and music are pretty unimpressive
2. Wildest Dreams (Dance of Death) - maybe an unfair judgment in retrospect, but to me it's just a lesser Different World, but also just a pretty unremarkable song by itself
3. Holy Smoke (No Prayer for the Dying) - just an unimpressive song in every way, the lyrics are halfway decent, but Maiden make much etter anti-corrupt-religion songs when they take themselves seriously

Ultimately went with Dance of Death because New Frontier oddly wins out to SSOASS which also sucks monkey balls... hard to pick the least favorite because once they enter that category they all just fall under "sucks" hehe at least for me.

1. From Here To Eternity - Fear Of The Dark
2. Virtual XI - The Angel And The Gambler
3. No Prayer For The Dying - Hooks In You

Forostar,
I think you are right. I got confused by the two threads named "your least favourite song from every album". Since I noticed I posted in my own thread, and the list did not change much except for the Powerslave track, I thought posting in this thread was sufficient.

Attachments

• thousandsuns.jpg
    thousandsuns.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 94
I'm surprised some of you guys hate Wildest Dreams, I personally like it. I like the lyrics and H's solo  :D It's a great opener! Now as good as Wicker Man, but still nice

But, for my least fave songs:

3. Piece Of Mind: Quest For Fire- a bit boring, if you ask me
2. No Prayer: BYD... - I hate Bruce's vocals on this. But I like the title track. But this song is bogus, I hate the "ah, ah, ah.." that he does before the final chorus. Doesn't go with it at all.
1. Virtual XI: Angel and the Gambler- too damn repetitive That's my least fave song, followed by BYD and QFF
Dance Of Death: either Age Of Innocence or Montsegur...I guess Montsegur cuz the chorus just doesn't impress me, same thing- "At the gates and walls of Montsegur, blood on the stones of the citadel..." bleh.

@Onhell & Powergirl81:
Please mention your three least favourite songs (top 3), and vote for the album which contains song nr. 1.

1. (least favourite)
2. (one but least..)
3. (2nd but least..)

Thanks!  :)

1.  Flight of Icarus (Piece of Mind) -- Worst.  Let's face it!  It is hard to choose a single song one disfavours simply because one turd cannot be easily distinguished from another.  This song and the next one will surprize most people.  I do not like the virtual lack of guitars and the poppie feel of this song.  Not surprisingly, it is one of the first songs I've heard from Iron Maiden.

2. Run Silent Run Deep (No Prayer for the Dying) -- I never understood what the hoopla was with this song.

3. The Unbeliever (The X Factor) --  Still not into it.

Other unmentionables: Quest for Fire (which I almost put as #3), New Frontier (both songs have lousy lyrics).

As a side note: Piece of Mind used to be my favourite album, these two lousy songs are a chief reason why it fell.

1. The Apparition (Fear of the Dark).  Maverick was completely correct.  It's a terrible, boring, unimaginative, and frankly terrible song.
2. The Assassin (No Prayer For the Dying).  Suffers from the same over happy and terrible lyrics and unimaginative songwriting as The Apparition.
3. This is the tougher one, but I am going to go with Gates of Tomorrow (Dance of Death).  Bruce sounds like he has something invading his anus as he sings it, the music is terribly boring, the lyrics are ass-backwards (what would you expect from a bunch of 50 year olds singing about the freaking internet!).  Anyway.  Not a good song.

@Powergirl81: I guess you forgot to vote for the album in this topic (Virtual XI) and in the other topic as well (Dance of Death).

Thanks in advance!  :)

Genghis Khan, Flight of Icarus ? i´m quite surprised.  :scared:

as the sun breaks...  :innocent:  :innocent:

:yey:

Now, let´s see:

1 - The unbeliever (X-Factor)
2 - Hooks in you (No prayer)
3 - when two worlds collide (virtual XI)

No Prayer For The Dying might have the dubious distinction of featuring all three of my least favorite songs.  Ordering them is difficult, but here we go:

1.  Hooks in You
2.  Holy Smoke
3.  Bring Your Daughter...

Honorable mention goes to The Assassin (yep, same album), Angel and the Gambler (VXi), From Here To Eternity and The Apparation (FotD), and Fortunes of War (tXF) (an otherwise promising song undone by a chorus so awful I simply can't listen to it again). 

EDIT:  I couldn't stop myself.  I listed to Fortunes of War again, just to see if the chorus is really as bad as I remembered.  It's worse.  :puke:  Can I change my vote? 

Back