Web Hosting

A

Anonymous

Does anybody know any good web hosting sites? Im currently looking for best deals with my own domain. If anyone has any information id be grateful.

Thanks! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

We're hosted by Surpasshosting.com. They're usually pretty good but theyve dropped some massive clangers during our time with them. All have been sorted out eventually though. Prices are really cheap for the amount of things you get though

Thanks Real World!!! Ill check them out now [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I found this site [a href=\'http://www.streamlinenet.co.uk\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.streamlinenet.co.uk[/a] with a home user package for £27 for 2 years, and unlimited bandwitdh, the things they are offeirng for the price seem to good to be true, looks like a very good package for the money

A rule of thumb with hosting. If it sounds to good to be true... It is. No questions about it MIGHT be too good to be true. Nobody can afford to offer unlimited bandwidth as that is the most expensive thing in hosting circles. I applied to one of those types before Surpass. They took my credit card details and I got NOTHING.
BEWARE!

Sadly, the rule stated by Real World is true for everything in life.

I thought the same as you Real World, thats why im keeping away from it. I do think its too good to be true.

The quest continues... [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Real World+Oct 10 2004, 12:01 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Real World @ Oct 10 2004, 12:01 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]A rule of thumb with hosting. If it sounds to good to be true... It is.
[snapback]88762[/snapback]​
[/quote]
99.99% of the time, that's right. But there are very rare exceptions.

For example, when I signed up to get my website hosted, I found a company that was offering 3 years free hosting, 500MB space, PHP, mySql and all the other tech perks and a bandwidth limit that's so high I never need to worry about it (something like 15 GB a month). The only catch was that it was a special offer for an established British hosting company that was just starting operations in the US, so they were only giving out the free accounts for 3 weeks just to get customers. In other words, you can't get that deal anymore... but I still got 2 years of free hosting left!

The point is, if you look around long enough you can find something that's "too good to be true" but is still legitimate. You may have to look for a long time - I had to look around for 3 years before I found that deal.

By the way, the host I'm talking about is [a href=\'http://www.1and1.com\' target=\'_blank\']1 And 1 Hosting[/a]. A deal comparable to mine (actually, slightly better) now costs $7 per month there.

Thats an impressive deal, and bvet your well chuffed for finding that! Espcially after a 3 year wait!

As i say above....my quest continues hehe [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I always thought 1&1 was German? My website is hosted by them too, and while it's not exactly cheap it's still affordable.

I suppose they might be German, but I thought they were Brits.

Either way, I think they're a good host. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back