Watches

Yax

Ancient Mariner
Are you guys wearing wrist watches? If you do, post pics. This is what I'm sporting today.
As for me, I started to get into waches after I inherited a watch from my father in law. I think it's fun to dig into the design, historical and technical aspects of them as well as to just wear them, rotate between a few and to match it like others do with jewellery or other accessories.

20200815_201247.jpg

All the analog wristwatches I have are broken in one way or the other. One has a misaligned dial, one doesn't keep proper time, and the number markings on the third tend to come unglued and jam the hands (easy to get repaired, but we're not going because Covid). I currently use a cheap little digital Geonaute wristwatch (got it second-last birthday), which I occasionally swap out for a Fastrack Reflex 2.0 (got it last birthday).

Reactions: Yax
I got a watch when I was a kid and wore it to school once and lost it that same day. Then my dad bought me another one, but out of fear of losing it again, I never wore it anywhere :facepalm:

Few years ago, I read somewhere that wearing a watch makes you look more serious in the eyes of women, so I bought one from Aliexpress. It broke down last year, so I bought this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32801594520.html

I have two watches but haven't worn either one for years. One I bought from USA some 8 years ago and the other one was a gift from my parents when I finished primary school. I think wearing a watch would be useful, if only to have one less reason to pull out the smartphone for checking the time, but I haven't got into the habit. Both watches I have are from Denmark and lightweight: one has a leather strap and the other one is something metallic.

Few years ago, I read somewhere that wearing a watch makes you look more serious in the eyes of women, so I bought one from Aliexpress. It broke down last year, so I bought this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32801594520.html

Or it might make you look like you're trying to look serious in the eyes of women. :p

My first watch was a Timex analogue with a red strap and my name engraved on the back - a present from my parents for my 10th birthday. (It got lost ...) Since then I've had two low-level Sekondas (because the first one got lost) but for the last five years I've been wearing a Casio F-91W (common-or-garden black variant). I really don't have expensive tastes :lol:

Last edited:
I remember buying a cheap casio in camouflage colors when I was on summer camp in the late 80´s. It worked for about 3 days...

It's a very nice watch. Many useful functions and though as hell (obviously). Colour choices are definitely out there, but they kind of work well together. Retailed for about €150-160.

Question remains, does it make thou look serious in the eyes of a woman? :p

I've gone back and forth with wrist watches in my lifetime. Until I was about 20 I always had one, then the battery died, I went to a watch repair place and they wanted to charge me 8 dollars for a new battery. I said screw that, it's highway robbery. Since it took me lie 5 years to get it changed for 10 pesos, I had switched to just looking at the time on my cellphone. When I started working at a call center, all of which ban cellphone use due to the sensitivity of the information handled I went back to watches.

For most of my youth I was a Swiss Army guy, liked the elegance. When I went back to watches I fell in love with Fossil and their interchangeable straps. I have two, one completely black, including the face, with grey numbers and a one with a silver exterior (probably another metal, but it looks silver) and navy blue face and copper numbers, gorgeous. Both are currently out of comission, haven't bothered to buy new ones or fix these.

I've gone back and forth with wrist
Rx7jxPl.gif

I usually wear watches, my favorite one is the Vostok Europe "Mriya An-225". However, since I got the Apple Watch I kinda stopped wearing something else. It's just very useful and limits my time of using the phone.

Always liked blue dials. You should get it fixed. :)
It's the only one of my watches I want to fix, really like it. My dad keeps giving me these oversized, ugly watches. The only reason I keep them is in case he asks about them.

Back