wasted Time

Wästed The Great

Minister Of Chicks, Metal&Beer; Cool & Froody Dude
Staff member
I've been working on this for over a month now, so I'm pretty pleased with myself.  I thought I'd post a few pictures to brag a little, but since its just bragging I left it in the madness forum.  Any Mod, delete at will, I just wanted to show off for a few days:

Here is a pic of the support wall seperating my living room and kitchen:
picture-0171.jpg

Here is a pic from the kitchen back into the living room area (after finishing today):
picture.jpg

My dad, a bro-in-law and a friend of mine all helped with this-- I removed the wall, installed a beam, ripped out the carpet and old vinyl, installed new underlayment, put on new vinyl tile, painted and got it all back together.  While doing this, I ran new speaker wire through the crawl space below, so I can hook it up to my stereo downstairs, and have tunes everywhere. 

Ah, I can relax a little now.

[/bragging]

It would work better if we knew what it looked like before :p

Perun said:
It would work better if we knew what it looked like before :p

Well, the absence of the wall from the first picture in the second one does aid the visualisation process. :p

That's pretty good work.  How long did it take you, overall?

You are correct, the white wall in the first one was removed... I'll see if I can find a pic from the kitchen side...

I started it the first weekend in May, and finished the floor lastnite at 4:30 pm.  I still have to paint and install the baseboards and trim, and some other small odds and ends, but the bulk of it is finished.

And thanks!  I'm pretty happy with it!

Well now that you are nearing completion on this project, I hope you are ready to come and renovate my home.  :D

Nice work! Congratulations. Have a praise on me.

Thanks, Deano!  Sure, you fly me out there, and I'll hammer and nail and drywall all you want.... I'll even paint, as long as you cut in the trim work!

Actually, now I can go and enjoy my Iron Maiden concert on Wednesday night and my motorcycle trip this weekend!!

Hey, you better stop these little home improvement projects Mister! You are putting Mexicans out of work! :p

Mexicans will never be out of work. They are secretly being brought here by George W. Bush to work on a top secret space program that will colonize and build up the moon. Phase one has been completed: there is a fully functional Home Depot in place under the surface as we speak. Phase two is building W's throne room. Phase three is a Taco Rico/ El Pollo Loco next to the Home Depot. Georgie will continue his presidency from this base by osmosis and mind control. Phase four is a 500 X 500 Kilometer neon Starbucks sign that will be constructed on the Dark Side of the Moon, the purpose of this is to advertise to those who may be coming to see us. George will be expecting visitors, oh yes he will. Is that purple?

Onhell said:
Hey, you better stop these little home improvement projects Mister! You are putting Mexicans out of work! :p

You never know-- with this massive recession looming, I might have to learn these little trade tricks to survive!!  Of course, I hear there might be some work to be had on the installation of a STarbuck's sign on the moon...

You're too midwest white to work on the moon Wasted. W would never have you.

Hard to argue with that one... Shouldn't that be in the conspiracy thread?

It's dual hatted - only a copy and paste away....

Deano said:
You're too midwest white to work on the moon Wasted. W would never have you.

Damn, I'm too majority to get that job!  I think that by being in the 'majority', I have become a minority... does that work?

...anyway, I am anchoring my bookshelves to the wall tonite, and will be filling them up soon.  However, some of my kids knocked over all the stacks and they are all out of order... ug.

I can imagine for you... I have three, you have six!  'Double the pleasure, double the fun!'

Three or six kids... in Germany, that's either Turkish or proto-Fascist. :p

Back