Visual arts

Zdzislaw Beksinski

Zdzislaw+Beksinski.jpg

Hey Sixes, do you really like those paintings, man?? :huh:
Just kidding :D

Here's three paintings of Matisse. Matisse and Rembrandt are the artists that I appreciate the most. And then is Picasso, but he does not count as he was extra terrestrial.

135063786985.jpg

Odalisque_en_pantalon_rouge2.jpg

Matisse+Henri,+la+Desserte+rouge,+1908,+Ermitage.JPG

well.. not completely :devil2:

Yes, I do, but I also have an attraction to horror and surrealism. Any thing that sparks the imagination.

Love the Rembrandt! :ok:

He's considered to be the founder of the movement, he wrote the Surrealist Manifesto & I also enjoyed Nadja..

Excellent. I'll remember that and see if I can find some time to read some of his :)

About Beksinski...His wife died, a year later his son committed suicide and six years later Beksinski was murdered. Talk about tragedy :blink:

"Discovered" today by my wife. :)

John Atkinson Grimshaw (6 September 1836 – 13 October 1893)
... known for his city night-scenes and landscapes ...

Park-Row-Leeds-L.jpg

Park Row, Leeds

liverpool-docks-from-wapping-john-atkinson-grimshaw-.jpg

Liverpool from Wapping

7146261427_48167e736a_b.jpg

Autumn morning

Whitby%20Harbor%20by%20Moonlight.jpg

Whitby Harbour by Moonlight

ch399398.jpg

On Hampstead Hill
"...exemplifying his skill with a variety of light sources, in capturing the mood of the passing of twilight into night."

I love those. He did a lot of Leeds, but they bear little resemblance to the Leeds of today ;)
Whitby hasn't changed enormously, though

Wow, those are really nice! I guess the perspectives get a bit old after a while (it's always the same type of street view), but the guy certainly knows how to capture an atmosphere.
I especially like the Liverpool one. But as I said before, you can put an old sailing ship into anything and get me with it. :)

Back