Virutial XI? In 3D?

A

Anonymous

Yesterday I Found The Virutial XI album,
and cover was in 3d!!!!
Now my question is should I buy it for 30 $?
Its not a bootleg!

Up the Irons!!! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Virutial XI?

Is that a Maiden album? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

DO'H [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

But do u think i should buy it?

[!--QuoteBegin-The Wicked Man+Jul 3 2004, 05:19 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Wicked Man @ Jul 3 2004, 05:19 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] But do u think i should buy it? [/quote]
Only if you're a collector. This edition was apparently only released in North America and many European collectors would sell their mums to get hold of it.

$30 is seemingly a decent price if you want to collect Maiden stuff, but I'm no expert. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Okay thanks for the tip!

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Jul 3 2004, 04:43 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Jul 3 2004, 04:43 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Only if you're a collector. This edition was apparently only released in North America and many European collectors would sell their mums to get hold of it.

$30 is seemingly a decent price if you want to collect Maiden stuff, but I'm no expert.  [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
uhm, sorry to correct you there, Mav. But I bought my Virtual XI copy with the 3D Cover in Germany in the week it was released for a normal price, so I guess there must have been copies around in Europe, too.

Well, Freaky, I stand corrected. As I'm not a massive collector of Maiden stuff I only relied on hearsay. This is why I included the word "apparently" in my sentence concerning the North-American release [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Djaser+Jul 3 2004, 06:19 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Djaser @ Jul 3 2004, 06:19 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Does someone have a scan of that cover? [/quote]
that would look rather bland, now wouldn't it?

I've seen an animated gif that illustrates the effect nicely. Looks really cool. Someone on planetblaze uses it as his avatar, but he doesn't post that often

since I'm in such a good mood this evening, here ya go: [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[img src=\'http://home.arcor.de/reign666/vxi_move.gif\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

edit: am I the only one who feels a bit seasick after watching the image for a while? [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

it would be quite hard to scan it, as it is using a similar effect to the RIR cover with the switching pictures - so I doubt you'll ever see a scan of it, as it's impossible to scan - but [a href=\'http://maidenfreak.bei.t-online.de/virtual.jpg\' target=\'_blank\']here's[/a] a picture of my copy (but again, the picture can't show the 3D effect either)

Edit: well, $yk0_H's gif there is alot better than the picture, but you can check it out anyway... if you want to.

[!--QuoteBegin-Maidenfreak+Jul 3 2004, 06:25 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maidenfreak @ Jul 3 2004, 06:25 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] [a href=\'http://maidenfreak.bei.t-online.de/virtual.jpg\' target=\'_blank\']here's[/a] [/quote]
link doesn't work [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-$yk0_H+Jul 3 2004, 06:29 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE($yk0_H @ Jul 3 2004, 06:29 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] link doesn't work  [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
weird, it does for me [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

strange, only works if I open it in a new window and not in a new tab (mozilla firefox). Must be a bug...

[!--QuoteBegin-Maidenfreak+Jul 3 2004, 12:25 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maidenfreak @ Jul 3 2004, 12:25 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] ...[a href=\'http://maidenfreak.bei.t-online.de/virtual.jpg\' target=\'_blank\']here's[/a] a picture of my copy... [/quote]
Damn. Yours is even signed by Blaze!

[!--QuoteBegin-StrangerInAStrangeLand+Jul 3 2004, 09:01 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(StrangerInAStrangeLand @ Jul 3 2004, 09:01 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Damn. Yours is even signed by Blaze! [/quote]
oh, yeah, forgot to mention [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
I have tons of stuff signed by Blaze, though

mmmmmmm.....3D......

I need one of those!!! [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Yeah its a cool cover and you get he normal booklet as well. the hologram is just a pull out thing you can stick on the wall. Was limited edition but was definately available in Europe. Whether its worth $30 is up to you though. Apart from the cover its no different

Well if u all think its cool...
then ill buy it for 30 $....

[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back