Virus on The X Factor

Hey guys im new here, as a matter of fact i just created my account, so i think you's should at least know a bit about me: I'm 15, I play guitar in a heavy metal band with my mates, i got some covers on youtube if yous wanna check 'em out, my channel name is the same as my username here. I would like to think i'm the biggest maiden fan of all time, i know everything about them! ...I think haha.

Anyway back to the topic, i hope ive posted it in the right area. Now, The X Factor is by far my favorite Iron Maiden album, and i was listening to virus from the best of the beast album and thought it sounded musically similar to that on TXF. Now my question to all of you guys is do you think they should re release TXF with virus included, i know its never gonna happen but i would like to hear your thoughts and opinions.

Nope. :p
The albums should be left the way they are.

'Virus' was released specifically for the Best Of The Beast album. To me it seems kinda silly for it to be "moved" over to The X Factor. Furthermore... despite being free to purchase or not purchase, I still get tired of seemingly every band under the sun constantly having most/all of their musical efforts re-released with some minuscule change.

Having said this... I would definately purchase a re-release of The X Factor if it included 'I Live My Way', a fantastic song I sincerely wish Maiden didn't cut from the album.

No. Because Virus is a direct answer to mainstream media reaction against X Factor. Therefore putting it there would negate it's meaning. People need to know that it came to existence out of the anger, after X Factor was released.

good point, i guess it would be kinda weird but yeah, just something to think about haha and i agree with the including of i live my way, its a great track.

Donner said:
And if anything it always sounded more like a Virtual XI track.  At least to me.

Same here.  If they were to add it onto an album as part of a re-release, I would put it on VXI

bearfan said:
Same here.   If they were to add it onto an album as part of a re-release, I would put it on VXI

Also now that i think of it, Virus probably wouldn't fit, there probably isn't enough space on the disc. I don't know about putting it on VXI, it would feel out of place to me.

bearfan said:
Same here.   If they were to add it onto an album as part of a re-release, I would put it on VXI
Although I wouldn't like them to alter it, putting it on VXI would be nice. The one problem I really have with the album is it ends too quickly. Once it starts to get really good, it's over.

Edthehead96 said:
Now my question to all of you guys is do you think they should re release TXF with virus included.

Absolutely not!, TXF is fine the way it is, there is no need to mess around with track listing.

Don't think it belongs on either Blaze album. The song itself is admirable in its efforts to do something different but it doesn't work for me. Also some of those backing vocals are dreadful.

I don't care much for the longer, slower version of the song, but I think the short version of Virus kicks all kinds of ass.  :edmetal:

Back